Questions about Mirena

I have been on Mirena since Oct. '08. I had a lot of problems with it originally, but it seems to have leveled off here lately. I just have a few questions about what other moms experience. Feel free to answer any or all or add anything else...thanks!
1. When did your periods stop, if at all? About how long after you got it?
2. Do you still get PMS symptoms monthly or something like it, without the period?
3. How often do you wonder if you are pregnant when you have no periods?
4. Is sex painful?
5. Do you have a sex drive?
6. Did you or someone you know get pregnant while on Mirena?
5.

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Health

• I had a different brand IUD so I won't answer the hormone related questions. Sex was painful because it had moved out of place and got lodged in my cervix. If you have pain, please force your GYN to listen to you and get an ultrasound to make sure the thing is in the right place.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I'VE HAD MIRENA SINCE LIKE APRIL OF LAST YEAR. IN THE MOST I HAD WAS CRAMPS. IT QWAS ONLI FOR LIKE A FEW MONTH ON N OFF A LIL PAINFUL BUT BEARBUL. I GOT MY PERIODLY REGULARLY FOR THE FIRST FEW MONTH, SPOTTING THE NEXT FEW MONTHS TO GETTIN NO PERIODS AT ALL. YES WHITE PANTS LOL. I STILL GET A LIL CRAMPS HERE IN OF BUT I FIGURED ITS WAY MORE BETTA THAN CONTRACTION LOL. MY SEX DRIVE IS STILL THE SAME EVEN BETTA KNOWIN IM NOT GONNA HAVE A POSSITIVE PREGNANT TEST IN A FEW YEARS LOL I STILL USE PROTECTION SO THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE. SEX IS THE SAME NOT PAINFUL AT ALL TO ME
    Lele1987

Answer by Lele1987 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• 1. When did your periods stop, if at all? About how long after you got it? Yes my periods stopped completely after two months of having it
    2. Do you still get PMS symptoms monthly or something like it, without the period? No I did not get PMS at all while it was in
    3. How often do you wonder if you are pregnant when you have no periods? Just the first time I didn't get my period, but the test was neg.
    4. Is sex painful? No
    5. Do you have a sex drive? None at all.
    6. Did you or someone you know get pregnant while on Mirena? No, and no one I knew got pregnant on it.

I had mine removed in June. We have been ttc since, with no luck. I had a lot of issues with it, and so glad I don't have it anymore, but some people love it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2010