How to properly kick someone out of ones house...?

DH is on his way over seas and we want his Dad out of our house. His Dad didn't bother to call or come see DH before he left for Iraq for a YEAR. He chose to stay drunk 19 miles away with his brother & friends at "deer" camp. DH is pissed, since he went out of his way to help when his Dad got paroled AGAIN for DWI. He said his Dad has disrespected our home, and us and he just wants him gone. FIL has been guilt tripping DH about not having any money. We found out why when we went to find him so DH could tell him bye. Didn't find him, but found out that he has a $200 tab at a liquor store. Also found out that he's been lying to everyone. He told everyone he couldn't move because of parole, but DH asked & was told he could. He was trying to help him find a place but he blows him off every time. Now DH is gone, and FIL is expected to come back here any day now. So I'm wondering if I should wait til SIL leaves after dropping

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• tell him that his behavior is detremental to your children and to your husband and you are not going to stand for it, and be strong. your dh is in iraq right? so tell your fil that you want him gone. you be the bitch in the situation and if you start to feel bad about it, just remember you are doing this to take care of your dh who deserves much better from his father.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• You need to have his parole officer waiting for his arrival, he is in violation. The parole officer should have a list of halfway houses he can live in that will have strict behavior rules. Tell him he is not welcome in your home, and he has no choice other than to get out.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• cont'd...him off, or tell him right there with her present that he is no longer welcome? SIL agreed that her Dad needs his own place. She was part of a conversation about it the day before DH left. I am thinking that with DH not here, she may try to smart off if she's here when I tell him. Also not sure how to proceed with the conversation. My children will be here, as I have no other choice, but they will not be in the room.
    Anonymous

• well i would tell him"look its just not gonna work out, u living here. so im sorry but we cant keep dealing with all of ur baggage".....something of that nature..
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• This man has already accused ME of "ratting him out" to his parole officer once, because I asked if we could get in trouble if he was violating parole and we knew it. I also asked her about the living arrangements, and she said all he had to do was ask to move and be transferred to another state. *the camp is in the next state, although its only 19 miles away* He also had the nerve to tell his family there that I caused him to have a stroke because of that. If he goes back to jail because of me, that will be really bad. Parole office said they can't force him to move, but that since my DH, his sponsor, wasn't here that he definitely should leave. I don't know what that means...DH being his sponsor.
    Anonymous

• Tell him he gotta go, period! Stay on point, and mean it. The last thing you guys need is a lazy person living off of you.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I thought at first I may need to legally evict him so he couldn't cause any trouble. But seeing as how he is violating parole by going out of state and drinking, I don't really think I need "the law" to get him out. LOL. Its not like we haven't tried to help him find a place, or get more benefits like PA. He just refuses to do anything but sit on his @ss. So I believe I will go into his room and gather the few things he has and put them all in his laundry basket and sit them on the bed. Gotta be nice and help him pack...
    Anonymous

• Yes, he's over seas. I asked him again if he was still behind me in telling him to move out and he said absolutely. I was going to be nice and give him a month, but he's not going to do anything with a month. He highly pissed me off when he didn't bother to wish his son a safe trip.
    Anonymous

• BUMP for later
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2010