18 month old toddler bed?!?!

We just started having our 18 month old daughter sleep in her toddler bed...only...she comes out every 5 seconds....any tips to get her to stay in bed and go to sleep!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• why did you move her in the first place? If it was because she was climbing out then I can understand it but if not then I think maybe she isn't ready to be out of a crib yet. the only thing I can suggest is to put up rails along it and hope she doesnt go over those
    Anonymous

• yeah I can't imagine moving my son and he'll be two in May. We like the crib.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• we moved our daughter to a toddler bed when she was 16 months, she climbed out of her crib and fell and her dr recommended it for other reasons...it took a week b4 she would fall asleep in her bed, we had to keep putting her back in bed didnt say anything to her just put her in bed cover her up then leave. we would put up the baby gate in her door way and close the door until she was asleep then open the door. we also put another crib mattress on the floor next to the bed so when she rolled out she didnt get hurt. she is 2 now and doesnt always stay in bed sometimes she will climb out in the middle of the night and sleep in her bean bag. in the mornings she wakes up and plays with her toys for a bit. we no longer have the extra mattress in there being she knows how to climb in out of bed with out getting hurt. nothing wrong with moving them early
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i moved my boys out of there crib at 14 months for my oldest and at a year for my second one. my oldest broke the wood bars on the crib and my other son screamed when we put him in the crib and at nap time would climb into my oldest's toddler bed...both of them also did fine with more freedom. i cant imagine keeping a child in a crib past 18 months when they are more less a child and no longer a baby. my daughter was motor delayed and after being in the toddler bed for 2 months she went from not crawling to walking and climbing. the dr and physical therapist said that toddler beds are the best way for a child to practice gross motor skills..
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2010