Can I be pregnant while one mirena birth control?

I had my second child Jan. 30th 2007. And in March I had the 5yr. Mirena birth control inserted. Recently (last 3-4 months) I've had minor break out around my mouth, which i have had that since my last pregnancy in 2006. And this month has been my scariest. I've been sooo sleepy, like someone dosed me with night time meds. I can sleep-in in the morning and an hour later be so tired its not my normal. When I found out I was pregnant with my son in June 2006, I had a bad stomach ache, when I went into the ER the Doc. said I had Acid Build up and wrote me out a script for Prev-acid 20mg. its safe while pregnant. And 2-3 weeks ago I was sick vomitting kind of sick from acid build up, and again this wed.

My concern is that I took 2 pregnancy tests, both came out Negative. Can they Be wrong If I still have my birthcontrol in and active? How can I tell while one this brithcontrol if Im pregnant? All answers very appreciated!

mmusto24

Asked by mmusto24 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When you are still on active birth control it will not show up till later if you are pregnant with a home test because the birthcontrol puts out more hormones. The best way to find out would be to go to the doctors and get a blood test done. You can get pregnant on ANY type of birthcontrol. Set up an appointment with your doctor in the next few weeks and tell them about your concerns. Other than that there is nothing that you can do.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 11:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 by: Anonymous
    When you are still on active birth control it will not show up till later if you are pregnant with a home test because the birthcontrol puts out more hormones. The best way to find out would be to go to the doctors and get a blood test done. You can get pregnant on ANY type of birthcontrol. Set up an appointment with your doctor in the next few weeks and tell them about your concerns. Other than that there is nothing that you can do. Select as Best Answer Report this answer

In the mean-time can the birthcontol harm the baby if I am Pregnant? I thought the same thing with the home test coming out neg.Thanx for the great advice.
    mmusto24

Answer by mmusto24 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Well, I hope you're not pregnant lol...cuz that will make me rethink using MY mirena!! lol good luck
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 3:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I had my first daughter while on the pill, so after that i decided to go on Mirena. I got pregnant on the Mirena after a year. They had to take it out and they said it could pose more of a risk to the fetus inside than if they took it out. My pregnancy is doing great, so it had no effect on the baby.
    lilliebabe

Answer by lilliebabe at 11:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010