recovering after a vaginal birth -- still looking very "open" down there...

I gave birth 2 weeks ago, vaginally, and still look very open down there. I was told to use a squirt bottle when I pee, and use witch hazel wipes (tucks pads) after going to the bathroom. While they seem to help a little, I still don't feel like I'm geting better. I'm still bleeding alot (more than I was a week ago). I use a mirror when I go to the bathroom, to make sure I squirt in the right direction, and I can see right into my vagina. I can see what might be my cervix, if that makes any sense. I used to have a wall of tissue between my urethra and my vaginal canal, but now, the urethra is on just a tiny piece of skin, and then it's a big gaping hole. I feel like I'm squirting water into my cervix when I use the squirt bottle.

Has anyone experienced this before? Will it get better, or have I lost that piece of tissue/skin for good?

someone please help. My doctor won't see me for another 4 week

LilySchey

Asked by LilySchey at 11:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• tell them u are having problems they WILL see you
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• If you are bleeding more then you are doing too much. As far as the looseness goes, you will heal as much as your body can. Meaning if you have good muscle tone and skin elasticity you will be fine. Some people remain loose, some are able to regain that tightness from exercise. It is to soon to tell. You don't need to rinse your vagina though, just outside and around any tears and stitches. Good luck and congratulations!
    Anonymous

• SO glad I have c sections :/ TELL THEM to see you asap.I know after i had my 2nd child i bleed for about 5 weeks and it was all kinds of flows.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• EDIT:had not have lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I was also told my my nurse at the hospital that if I bled more, I was doing too much, so for the past 2 days, I've been in bed, feet up, hubby bringing up dinner and all, but still, the bleeding continues heavily. I love my little guy, but recovery stinks.
    LilySchey

Answer by LilySchey at 12:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• sounds like you really need to see a doctor. if there is something wrong you need to get it looked at now. it will be harder to fix once it gets healed. or it may not heal at all.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 1:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2010