How can you stand being married? does it drive you crazy like it does me?

I'm talking all about the crap you have to put up with from your husband, like him looking at other women, watching porn, being messy and not listening to you! or all the insecurites that come with it, all the what if's. What if he cheats, what if he starts to not love me anymore, what if he like the way she looks better, what if the weight I have gained makes him less attractive to me! arghgh! doesn't you drive you nuts? I know it does me. what is weird about this, is I would feel better about it if we weren't married! which makes no freakin sense.

soonmommyof3

Asked by soonmommyof3 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i hear what your saying. sometimes i wonder if we werent better off if we just did a common law type marriage. i think being in this legal commitment adds more stress cause thoughts like he is staying cause it its cheaper that way, where just being committed with out being married has that underlying proof(maybe wrong word) that he is here cause he wants to be not because he has to be... we were living together 2 years b4 we got married and not once fought but as soon as we did we fought all the time, in fact had our first huge fight 2 days after we were married. we both feel tied down. we separated for about 8 months and at that time we got along great i think its the whole idea of till death do us part that is the problem..if that makes any sense
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• sorry for the typos.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I am in a love/hate marriage... We love eachother wayyyyy too much but yes we can both hate being married. And we let eachother know. We fight and then make up..it's mostly him that apologizes and I just sit back and wait for him to do it.. He has cheated..emotionally..and it hurt me..I became very insecure but then I realized that if he doesn't want only me..there IS someone who would just want me. He apologized and is now doing a GREAT job in proving that I am the only one. You need to believe your attractive, sexy and beautiful in order for others to see it. There are a lot of moments when I feel we shouldnt be married and I wonder a lot if he will cheat again..but honestly..if a man cheats it doesn't make you any less of a women.. it makes him less of a man..we can move on!! Remember... love hurts but you don't die from heart break. =D Good luck and I hope u know your BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Anonymous

• WOW,you must not have a very trusting relationship.Sounds like you have alot of insecurity issues you need to work on.

Anonymous

• I am married to a great man and love being married I have never felt insecure with him and he respects me. The issues you have sound more like your problem than him. You lack self esteem and confidence and no matter what he does you will feel badly. I feel for him hard to be in a relationship with someone who needs constant validation and needs you to be their whole world. I would seek therapy.
    Anonymous

• If you didn't like him, why did you marry him? You expect us to believe he picked up after himself, never looked at other women and had never seen porn in his entire life before you married him?
    Anonymous

• Well I trust my husband and I love him so I don't really have any of those insecurities. It's not that I'm naive or anything like that it's just he's never given me a reason NOT to trust him so until he does he gets it one hundred percent. Also when I married my husband I knew I was marrying his faults too. So if we don't have sex for longer then three days I know exactly what he's doing in the bedroom with the door closed alone, I also know that he is probably never going to willingly lift a hand to wash the dishes, and I know that he may glance at women sometimes but at the end of the day he's in my bed with me.
    Anonymous

• everyone haves these insecurities, not just me. That does not mean there is something wrong in the relationship.

WOW,you must not have a very trusting relationship.Sounds like you have alot of insecurity issues you need to work on.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• LMAO. you so do not know me. That's all I can say to your asinine comment.

I am married to a great man and love being married I have never felt insecure with him and he respects me. The issues you have sound more like your problem than him. You lack self esteem and confidence and no matter what he does you will feel badly. I feel for him hard to be in a relationship with someone who needs constant validation and needs you to be their whole world. I would seek therapy

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• what you said makes no sense to me.

If you didn't like him, why did you marry him? You expect us to believe he picked up after himself, never looked at other women and had never seen porn in his entire life before you married him?

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2010