Am I 4 or 6 Weeks

I started the 24th of November. So due date would be around the 31st of August which is the day my mom, an RN of L&D gave me. She says I am 4 weeks I say 6 weeks. 6 weeks from LMP & 4 weeks from DOC so which is it?

MrsCrain0409

Asked by MrsCrain0409 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Gestational age is 5.5 weeks, ovulatory age is 3.5 weeks. Most people refer to gestational age, so if someone asks (or you're volunteering the info), I'd say 5.5 weeks.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Did they do an ultra sound? If yes Id go by that
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• You are 5 weeks 4 days :)
    http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancycalendar/index.html
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• No They have not. I have to wait till our insurance is final we had an appointment to file for my husbands jobs insurance and I found out i was pregnant so I havent be able to go yet. just based on LMP
    MrsCrain0409

Answer by MrsCrain0409 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• If you know your LMP then count forward from that and that will be accurate. Both my kids measured within 2 days of my calculation on their 7 weeks ultrasounds. I dont know why a medical professional would count forward from the date of conception and count that as day 1. That makes no sense to me and what makes even less sense is the fact that the due date she gave you is accurate so I dont get where she gets 4 weeks from!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2010