upset and hurt

i was asked my my sister in law to go to dinner mith my husband i said i dont know bc i need a babysitter and i called my mother in law and my other sis in law and asked and they said and i quote" we will watch the baby (my dd 3 months) but we will not watch hunter (ds 4years old who is autistic) because he is whorrible " i hung up and now i am really uup set bc they dont think he has autisum the is just a really bad kid who is not getting his way, now what am i supose to do i am not upset bc i cant go out it is bc they will take the baby and not my son bc he is whorrible now who in the hell and i supose to go over there and hang out when i am pissed and hurt because of what they said

mom_of_2_2009

Asked by mom_of_2_2009 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• That is awful! I would flip out on them. I dealt with that also when my kids were younger. We ended up staying home alot. It is frustrating. I'm sorry. :(
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 11:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• aawww, that was mean, i feel sad even though i dont know you.
    Anonymous

• Bad manners taught bad manners learned. Don't socialize with her or mil anymore unless you must for a holiday or birthday celebration. And you can even just send a present over and skip any of those saying one of the kids are sick.

I have inconsiderate relatives too. Finally I learned to socialize with them as little as possible. We go to their house so that we can leave easily and not be stuck hosting them til all hours.

Cuddle with your hubby and have a nice dinner even late at night of sandwiches by candlelight for mama daddy quiet time.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I had something similar happen to me. My mom will watch my sister's baby but she will not watch my 5 year old who has Asperger's. She also thinks he is jus a bad kid, who wants to get his way. It hurts but I have realized that I would not want her to watch him with that attitude.
    Anonymous

• That's not right. Regardless if he has Austism or not they shouldn't speak of your son that way.
    You need to share your feelings with them. Let them know that they hurt you and disrespected you and your son. They can have their opinions, but they need to respect what you believe to be true. They don't have to agree, but they can be adults and be civil about it.

I agree with a PP. I wouldn't want someone to watch either of my children if they feel that about one of my kids. If they feel he is a horrible child, then she has no right watching my children.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• They sound like they shouldn't be watching him anyway if they are that rude. You need someone who is loving and understands to watch him. Why not invite the SIL over to your house?

Answer by admckenzie at 6:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2010