Can I send out my child's bday party invites one week in adavance?

Is that way too late to invite anyone? Should I just invited close family and friends and not worry too much about about a larger crowd? She is turning 4! Thanks in advance! :-)

myfirstloves

Asked by myfirstloves at 11:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You need atleast 2 weeks. If you are mailing them a week before, that gives people only a few days notice. Can you email them an invite? I use evite for my invitations.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I think that 1 week does not give most families enough time to plan to attend a party. Our family is not overly busy by any means but we would need at least 2 weeks notice so that we wouldnt plan anything on the weekend. Not to mention the time it will take the family to go out and get a gift, some of us dont have time in the evenings and need a weekend day to do that.

Is it possible to do it the following weekend so that you have 2 weeks notice?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I think its fine. Even if only one or two of her friends show up it will still be nice for her to have a friend or two there for her party. Sometimes planning too far in advance backfires as people forget about it. So, I'd send them out and just have fun with whoever can make it.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• OK..I like both of your answers. I had not thought about planning it for the next weekend, that's thinking outside the box. I also like the idea of sending them out and seeing who shows and up and going with the flow...I don't know what I'll do yet, but thank you ladies!
    myfirstloves

Answer by myfirstloves at 11:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I haven't had a big party for my DD yet, just family. All of my friends send their invites out about a month in advanced. I did once completely forget a childs b-day, like PP stated. Now I just keep the invite on the fridge.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• If it's someone you really want to come, I'd give them at least 2 weeks' notice so they can plan -- requesting the day off of work, making sure they have no other obligations, etc. But I wouldn't do more than 2-3 weeks in advance because of the risk of people forgetting (I've been there, too :-\ ). You could always tell people you want to be there 2 weeks in advance, and then send out invites the next week, to them and anyone else you think of.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• That's too late.
    You should really do it not later then 2 weeks in advance. It's polite to give people at least two weeks, so they can schedule it around everything else they're doing.

For a four year old I would just invite family and a couple of her close friends. Sleep over and pizza night.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• i say it is not to late. send them out and if people show up they do. if not at least u tired even if it was a lilttle late. she is small its not like she will even no
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 1:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2010