How do I get my 2yr old to sleep thru the night? (he still has a sippy to sleep)

ericadorsey83

Asked by ericadorsey83 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would take away the things that would cause him to wake up. like the sucking on the sippy. if he gets to the point he knows it's not there he'll start sleeping through the night. my son has a little bear that he talks to before he goes to sleep. along with always taking his clothes off and winding down before. he doesn't use a pacifier or bottle or sippy and he doesn't wake up crying unless it's a bad dream which isn't very often.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Get rid of the sippy. Give him two nights with water only in the sippy, then no more. He will cry for a few nights(Probably off and on all night), and you will desperately want to give it to him, but DON'T!! After a few days, he will be fine, and he won't be waking up through the night looking for his sippy cup.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 12:21 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My niece slept with a sippy (she's 3 now...and still does) Get rid of it! Her teeth are brown because of it!! And I'm not really sure how to get him to sleep through the night...both my kids sleep through the night...my 2 year old started sleeping through the night at5 or 6 months...and my 6 month old sleeps through the night. I never had much problem with it. but I NEVER let them go to bed with a bottle or a sippy...it can cause them to choke, or rot their teeth. It's very bad!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My son has slept with a bottle/sippy since he was born. My husband and I both sleep with water by the bed. Just make sure it's water in his sippy. My Ped. said it's fine.

I have noticed that just letting him cry for a few nights finley got him to sleep thru the night. He is 26 months old and has been sleeping thru the night for 6-8 months.
    mama32177

Answer by mama32177 at 6:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2010