And you call yourselves parents..

I've seen two posts in five minutes calling their kids cry babies and "whinners." I understand getting mad and saying things you don't mean, but really? I hope you don't call your kids things like that to their face. That's a great way to get them to quit crying!!

I just don't understand how parents can say things like that about their kids. Saying that they are doing things that bother you is different, that's not calling them hurtful things.

Can someone explain this to me?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm not sure I understand what your saying? I don't call my kids that. but if they are crying just to get their way then I will tell them to stop. or I will say cry all you want, your not going to get your way.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Hmmm, well, most people are venting on here and their toddlers can't jump online to read what they wrote. It's ridiculous to act like a parent can't vent once in a while without being called bad parents. At least we're venting over the internet to strangers instead of yelling at our children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Well for one who do you think you are.. These ppl are on here and apparently saying these things cause they are going through something.. Why is it ok for you to bash them.. Tell them in a nice manner to just relax it will be ok.. Instead of talking crap..
    missjenna21

Answer by missjenna21 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• There are ways telling your kids, to stop whining or stop being a cry baby without being hurtful, I think kids need to hear it as it is sometimes, cuz life is not always rainbows and butterflies, if they don't learn now they are going to have a hard time when they go out into the real world and there mommy and daddy can't take care of them.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I understand saying things like you can cry all you want and all that. But why would you ever call your kids names like that? You can vent witthout saying things like that about your kids. All you have to do is say "my son has been crying all day and it's irritating me." That simple. Why say hurtful things about your kids? And if you say them enough to other people, it will eventually come out when your mad at your kids.

And I think I'm allowed to say whatever I want-as are you.

Why do people call it bashing?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I think they do it to frustrate you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Because it is.. These ladies are depressed in some sort and the last thing they need are ppl talking crap.. what do you think bashing is? You just posted and you call yourself parents.. Thats not bashing? Maybe they just dont know how to deal and thats how it comes out.
    missjenna21

Answer by missjenna21 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Ok i am one that posted my daughter is a whinner and there is no way i would ever call that to her face but how in the hell casn i ask a question on how to get her to stop crying and whinning if i dont put those words in there!!! Honestly i think someone has their panties in a bundle!!!!!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 12:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I recall a post from a young lady who seemed, lets just say, rather uneducated, who was calling her little boy a jacka$$. I only hope that by venting in here it keeps people from actually calling their wee ones these names to their faces. I love my babies but they do drive me nuts sometimes.... Mommies need to vent and I guess we all have our faults....but some do make you go "Wow" when you read them.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• If the child is being a 'cry baby' and a Whiner, then that's what they're being.
    Some children have fits to get their way. Use crying as leverage to manipulate their parents. That's just how they are. And if that's the case, then that's what they're being. People use the words that best describe what their child is acting like. It might not be PC, but not everything fits into a rainbow.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2010