I want to get my kids blessed he dont

I am a mormon not a very good one more like a jack mormon but i still believe everything i was taught i just dont go to church my husband isnt any religon hes a christian he says but he dont go to church never really has and i want to get my kis blessed in the mormon church and he dont see y its important and i am having a hard time explaing this to him!! Any mormons please help!!! PLEASE so sarcasm im being very serious!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Is he uncomfortable with having it done at the church, or with them just being blessed at all, or what? Not too many people do this, but if you want to, the blessing can be done in your home (or another place he is comfortable). I personally would just explain to him that the blessing does not do anything to commit them to be/do certain things, it is a blessing. Your child can be blessed with health, and things like that. One thing that might help is to bring him to church and let him see someone elses child getting blessed. That way at least he'd know what it really entails, which may make him more comfortable with the idea. Hope you guys can work this out. Sorry its a struggle!! 

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Just say its important to you. Its not like its going to hurt them. If he has no passion on the subject, what does it matter. He's just putting his foot down for the sake of it.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My husband and I also went through this same thing. Im not active and hes a completely different religion. I explained to him basically what the previous poster said, that its a blessing to aid him and us as parents, its not obligating him to join that church or live a certain way. We both made a compromise, our son could be blessed if I gave in on something that he wanted. It worked for us. We ended up having him blessed at home by my ward's bishop who is a good friend of my family.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I want to have them blessed at home by my grandpa! My husband thinks by doing this its kinda what the catholics do which is baptise at birth!! i just didnt know how to explain it but thank you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2010