If I for some reason yell at someone at my college-as in someone in the registrar's office-can they keep me from getting into my other school?

I'm transfering schools. The one I went to this semester (Ozarks) is probably going to try and hold my transcript because I didn't get all my convocation credits is. Convos are basically things your supposed to go to outside of school. Most of which are at eight o clock at night when I don't have a sitter. I explained this to the person in charge of them. Last year, Blake was young enough I could take him with me and he would try and get up and walk around. He's two now and he's just not going to sit there with 100 other people and be calm. I needed to get eleven this semester since I had some left over from previous semesters. I got six (I think). I need my transcipt for my new school and I don't know what's going to happen if I don't get it from Ozarks. I know that getting mad isn't going to help and I don't plan on going in there with a bad attitude. I hope that if I further explain the situation that it will be ok.

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm the only mom that goes there ( that has young kids). I just think that I might get pissy with them if they tell me I can't have it. Ugh..! Lol.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• What are you worried about? Don't you have that teaching job lined up?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I know how frustrating that could be but don't yell if you don't like what you hear. The person is only doing their job.
    Anonymous

• Yes anon, I do but that doesn't mean I don't have to finish school first. Think before you type.

I guess my question should be can they legally hold my transcript from me?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• You are rude, Sara!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• You act like your the first person to say that to me!!
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• are u saying if u don't do some kind of work whatever it is that they want or demand that they won't release your transcript even if u don't graduate from there? They will send you transcript with whatever grades you've earned, if u'v graduated or not, to whereever u want them to.

That college now Ozarks, can not say you've graduated if you have not completed all of your requirements. One of my kids recently got his second college degree and another of my three kids is in college now.

If your intended degree or certificate at Ozarks is to be used, if you're hoping that, to get u further along in another school - that will happen even if u actually earn legally a degree or certificate from Ozarks, IF that other school u want to transfer to believes that

each class u received credit for at Ozarks is EQUAL to similar classes at where u want to attend. FOR your childcare -is there a church person to watch your son for u?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I haven't even gotten a report card type thing in the mail from them. Only a letter saying I didn't get my convos. I'm not graduating from there. I hate the school and that's why I'm transferring. Some of my credits aren't even transferable since I had to take some stupid classes that they require. Really, I think I only have 25 or 26 transferable credits.

I have a sitter for while I'm in school, just not always that late. I actually tried to get them to have more convos during the day rather than at night. And I don't go to church, so no there's noone there to watch him.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• If you didn't get the credit you got an Incomplete, which is the equivalent of a failing grade. That is what they will transfer to the next school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• It's not for a grade and doesn't go on my transcript at all. The only way the other school would know about it is if I have to tell me why I can't have my transcript.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2010