Is my almost 4 year old the only one.....(no bashing)

who still needs to wear a pull up to bed at night? he does great during the day and doesn't wet every night, but often enough that i put a pull up on him at bed time. He is such a heavy sleeper. i have tried waking him up to pee but he either doesn't go or wakes up and won't go back to sleep. i know he should be trained all the way by now, but i am out of ideas....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wet the bed til I was ten. Very embarrassing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• oooook then......
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 1:29 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• It happens. Some kids just need a little more time than others. Just be supportive of him and help him through it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I agree with AquaJen
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My son was 4 when he was finally potty trained but he had severe ADHD. He wore pull ups till he was nearly 5. Every child in thier own time...however, you may have problems with school. They may not let him attend, however if the problem is just at night, it should be fine, unless it affects nap time too.
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 1:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Let me add, my son only wore pull ups at night till he was nearly 5...sorry.
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 1:51 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I don't think that it is a problem, some kids just don't have that control. My brother wet the bed consistently until he was about ten, so did my dad, so did his dad. They have weak bladders, and didn't gain the control until they were older. Just support him. Has he ever wet the bed w/o the pull ups on? Does he wake up, and/or does it bother him? If it does bother him, it is possible you'll be able to train him if he wakes up and it bothers him.. that is how we day time trained my DD, she would wet herself and hate the feeling, so finally she started to realize what she needed to do!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My daughter was in diapers past her fourth birthday; she was tying her shoes and reading long before she was potty trained.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• my daughter is 5 and still wears pull ups at night. wish they had them when i was a little girl cause i peed in bed throughout middle school and still have accidents about twice a year now!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 9:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My dd is 5 and still wetting most nights. I have been talking with our ped for a long time now and she isn't concerned. I have tried everything! My first kid was day and night trained by 27 months and I did the same thing with my 2nd. Obviously didn't work for her. One thing that we do and have some success with is sleeping in underwear...then I pick her up and put her on the potty before I go to the bed. We have the most success that way. It's a pain but she won't wake up after she pees in bed and emptying the bladder one last time seems to help a lot.
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 9:59 AM on Jan. 2, 2010