Does he only want sex or both? What signs can I look for?

A friend from high school I reciently reconnected with on facebook. He was a very close friend of mine who had always wanted to become romantically invovled but I told him I wasn't interested in him (I didn't think I deserved him).Its been 3 years since then. Im now a single mother & he just got back 3 days ago from Iraq & the other day when I went 2 visit him we ended up making out & cuddling. He tried for more but I said no becuz I didn't want 2 get 2 attatched when i didn't know how he felt. I told him I didn't want to like him to much when I knew he wanted to be single. He said "I never said that. You know how I feel about you, I've felt this way about you since high school" He said it's just complicated with my ex issues and him being in the army.
Since that day we've tried to make plans to see each other again, but he is highly flirtatous. He's only here for two weeks & hes making it very clear he would like 2 have sex

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• He's trying to get what he wants from you and once he leaves again you probably won't hear from him again.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Do you want to have sex with him? Hey you only live once and women are allowed to enjoy sex too, we don't always have to play hard to get.....but if you think its below you emotionally then just leave it be.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:36 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• i would love to have sex with him, but i also would like to try and see if we could turn it into a relationship at some point. i just dont want to give him the wrong idea by sleeping with him right away. it sucks because i want him so badly lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• If you don't put out while he's here and he keeps in contact with you after he goes back, I'd say he's interested in more than just sex. If not...you have your answer. It won't kill either of you to not jump in the sack right away!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• If you feel that way about him I wouldn't sleep with him. I don't mean to use sex as a power play, but even if he is in to you your only going to miss him more. Just tell him you like him and would rather see how things go when he has more time.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• He wants sex. That is all EVERY one of them want at FIRST....and THENNnnnnNNN comes the love. I have heard (and believe) that men give love because they want sex, and women give sex because they want love. No matter what...you aren't going to know for sure for a long time whether or not he will truly love you. Stop being so afraid! You don't want to live your life in fear of heartbreak, otherwise you will end up like me...only going for men you KNOW you can never fall in love with....and what fun is that! :D

If you want to have sex, then have sex.....if you want him to love you, then do other things that will make him fall in love!!!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 2:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I say have sex with, and let him know that its just that, SEX! Make sure you are the one the leaves first though. Then he will be the one wanting more. Its either that. you give him the most mind blowing piece of ass he has ever had!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• If you were on a job, it would take about 3 months before you could get benefits (i.e. medical, dental, etc). According to Steve Harvey's book "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man," a man should also have to earn his benefits (i.e., sex) before you just dish them out. He also says you should ask a man five questions before you get in too deep. Like, what are his short term goals? What are his long term goals? What's his relationship like with his family, i.e. kids, Mother, Father and ex? How does he feel about you? What does he think about you? The book is great and I highly recommend that you read it. I bought it from Amazon.com used for under $10.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 2:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• i had something similar happen, i ended up engaged to him and we had actually ended up deciding to wait until we were married to have sex, i regret that now where as he died in afghanastan may of 08 :( be very careful getting involved with a military man alot of women dont know what they are getting in to, the ones who know what they are getting in to tend to be military wives for life lol i would just rec' making sure you KNOW what you are getting in to
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 3:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My thought is this...you have a child and that means you are a package deal and any choices you make? they affect your child. 2 weeks is not enough time to get to know someone well enough to know if they would be good to be around your child hon. sex is sex, and if thats what ya want, go for it tiger lol. But if you like this guy, really like him, tell him that. Us single moms have to be careful with not just our hearts, but our childrens too. good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:52 AM on Jan. 2, 2010