Laundry soap for baby cloths??

What kind is best? Is it ok to use fabric softner drier sheet on baby cloths?

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 1:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used Dreft and ran the load again without detergent. I would not use fabric softener because the baby might be allergic or irritated by it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• With my first I used Dreft untill I ran out after that I used regular loundry soap and I did use fabric softner and dryer sheets, with my second baby I didn't bother buying dreft I just used what ever loundry soap I use for all the loundry and I do use softner and dryer sheets and both of them are fine, it's the matter of not knowing till you try it.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I used All Free... any of them that are free of dyes will be fine... and a single dryer sheet in the load should be fine too.. but i would wait til the baby is about 6 weeks or before adding those... just my opinion though...
    Marcia9043

Answer by Marcia9043 at 2:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Thanks for the answers, I want to get all the baby cloths washed and in the dresser soon and had no idea what kind you use for babies.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 2:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I would not buy dreft as its overpriced and you can get the same thing cheaper. purex is a cheaper brand, Purex free and clear. anything that says"free and clear" or "free" on it, free form perfumes and dyes and stuff is fine for baby. dont need an expensive brand ans they dont do much to get dirty. the spit up and accidents come out with a lil extra reg detergent pretreater. and dreft does have a softner sheet if you reallywant touseit,butIneverdid andtheclothesweresoft.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I used dreft at first but when I ran out I started using the same stuff I use on my clothes. We use the Costco brand free and clear detergent. I don't use dryer sheets for LO's laundry but have on occassion accidently used it and everything was fine. I think it depends on what your baby can handle. Some baby's skin might get irritated. So just use your best judgement.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I use MelaPower only - all the other detergents caused skin irritations on my children - this is the only brand that does not cause irritations - my daughter had severe eczema until I switched ( I was using the "free" products and the "baby" products and the health food store products before switching) Some children's clothes tell you not to use fabric softener because it will remove the flame retardant on the clothing.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I just use regular on her clothes and dye/fragrance free on her diapers. I think it just is one of those trail & error things, if you use Tide and see a reaction then try something else... personally, I thought the detergents just for babies was on the expensive side for as much as you do laundry, so I started out with all dye/fragrance free and eased up to regular detergent.
    eab001

Answer by eab001 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2010