am i still pregnant if 10 weeks pregnancy with no fetal heart motion of the baby?

i am lil panic just think about this..my pregnancy is about 10 weeks, i was going to the ER this week as i found a lil bit spot, and my breast was not hurting anymore just like the previous weeks. my schedule appoitment with my OBGYN is jan 13. I cant wait that long that why i went to ER on hospital near by. i was shock when the result find no fatal pole or fatal heart motion is identified at this time. very small hypoechoic area posterior to the gestational sac. there is a tiny amount of fluid in the endocervical canal. i had miscourage last year on my first pregnancy.. with no fetal heart motion on the 5 weeks pregnancy. i am afraid it gonna happen again on my pregnancy this time.. the ER doctors suggested me to see my OBGYN immeaditely, i am sure I can not see her before jan 13 as her schedule only on wed. i am looking for another OBGYN today with hoping that the baby is fine. i took vitamins but why the baby stillnot the

uni_marte

Asked by uni_marte at 1:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ERs are nightmares- I had bleeding christmas day and the attending told me my baby was "100%" going to die...which couldn't be further from the truth (ob says I have 95% chance of going to term). Call your OB- any ob worth their salt will get you in immediately. I bet if you call now they will see you as soon as you can get in. The sono equipment in the er isn't the best and they often don't know what they're seeing. but do call your ob and get some answers.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 12:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• If you call your OB and tell them the situation they will get you in right away. I don't want to say one way or another, but it is serious and should be dealt with. Why didn't the ER give you a clearer diagnosis? They should have told you if the baby was a alive and developing or not.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• The baby may be perfectly fine. Don't panic yet. The stress hormones won't do either of you any good. Call your OB and tell her that you must be seen IMMEDIATELY and GO!!! Don't take no for an answer. They will fit you in.
    madhousequeen

Answer by madhousequeen at 3:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Sounds like you are a lot less pregnant than you think you are. This happened to me. I'll bet you just aren't far enough along. If not, don't worry it could be a blighted ovum. This is when the sperm and egg get fertilized and the fertilization doesn't develop into an embryo. They can give you a shot to make you start your period. Don't be scared if it is, they make for good and sure before they do that. They checked me a few times to make sure before, and there she was! I was just not as far along as I thought! Good Luck!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• They don't always find fetal pole on an ultrasound, especially if you went to the ER. The doc will just make you wait so you can get a higher hormone level then run tests. They'll just tell you to wait. So calm down, put your feet up and rest. I'll bet you will be fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• it's also hard to find the heartbeat that early on so just because they didnt find it doesnt mean it's not there try and relax call your ob monday tell them you NEED to see them explain to them what happend and they will get you in that day if theres another doctor or first thing on wensday just dont panic i know thats hard but try it wont help anything
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I hope it is not another miscarriage, but it sounds to me like what I had... a blighted ovum. Its when the sac forms but not the baby. Make sure when your doc sees you that they do another US, and also check your progesterone levels, along with you HCG levels. (this is VERY important. They might not offer.. you have to ask)

Good luck momma. I have been through this 3 times. I know how hard it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Just to let you know, when I had a doctor's appointment at 10 weeks along, we weren't able to find the heartbeat either, sometimes it's just difficult. Call your doctor right away, even if s/he can't see you, maybe you can get referred to another doctor who can check you out.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 10:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Did they do a trans vag ultrasound or over the belly? That also makes a difference at 10 weeks too...the ER doesn't always do this the right way !
    newmamanew2town

Answer by newmamanew2town at 10:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• It could go either way, the thing is- ER docs are not OB's, so if it isn't obvious- they need to refer you. It could be because you aren't as pregnant as you think, it happens- your OB will have the more sensitive machinery and can run blood tests over time. It could be because the machinery in the ER was not sensitive enough (or the staff was not trained enough) to find the fetus. Or it could be because there was a miscarriage. The thing is, without other symptoms, you'll really want to wait until you can see the OB. In the meantime, take care of yourself and try not to stress
    reelo

Answer by reelo at 11:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2010