Terrible twos?

My son is 2 1/2 and I think he's been in his "terrible twos" since he was one. He screams at the top of his lungs, he throws horrible fits and nothing I do changes the behavior. I swear people 3 blocks over can hear him. He HAS to have his way or he will cry for extremely long periods of time. I'm staying with my mom right now and I feel bad for others to have to hear it when I don't give him his way. I'm lost and I don't know what to do to make this stop. He's not spoiled rotten, I have two other kids that aren't like this at all. He is very strong willed, but this is unexceptable and I am at my witts end with him. I love him to death but something has to give! HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like he does it for attention remember even negative attention is better to him than no attention. With my DD I don't get embarassed I just let her throw her fit. Don't pay attention to him at all when he does it. Once he is calm and reasonable then you can give him attention and take care of his needs. Also if he starts hitting to get attention then out him in time out and make him stay there it can take hours of doing this but he has to learn you won't allow it. Good luck and lots of patience for you.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2010