4 month old with a really horrible cold!

my dd is 4 months old and she is really sick, she has that really nasty cough and her eyes are all watery and she is sooooo congested. She has been like this since tuesday night and has not gotten ANY better. She doesnt have a fever at all but is really sick with the cold i have tried everything for her, got her a humidifier, baby chest rub soother stuff, little noses drops, i suction her nose really often, warm baths....everything i can think of! I called my doc last night cause i dont know what to do anymore but all she says is to keep doing what im doing but my baby is suffering so bad! Any suggestions? Has anyones baby ever been this sick and if so how long did it take them to get over it????

BellaBean23

Asked by BellaBean23 at 2:52 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Use adult vapor rub on the bottom of her feet with socks. Get some Johnsons vapor bath that helps a lot. Make sure she is getting fed more often than usual. Other than that you just have to be there to soothe her. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:58 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I use the nasal bulb while my DD is in the bath as well. You can place a small pillow under her fitted sheet to elevate her. I'm sorry I know it sucks but cold meds don't really work on babies. You are doing all you can. Just keep an eye out for a fever. Maybe you can ask your doc if benedryl will help with the congestion.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I am with you my DD started thursday and she is so sick i have to go to work this morning and daddy has to stay home with her just keep her comfortable and it has to run it's course. GL momma I have been up all night also for a few days now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• she's only 4 months old and I"m guessing formula fed so it may take her up to 2 weeks to get better she had to create an immunity in her system to fight it back... that said has the Dr listened to her lungs? the pediatrician should at minimum listen to her lungs to make sure she hasn't got a pneumonia..its been a week also I'd ask them to check her blood counts to see if anything is up as well....
    good luck!
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2010