Is my dd a little behind?

My dd is ver active so she wont sit still long for anything, she doesn't even watch tv. She's two. Well she isn't laking ver much, like putting things into sentences and stuff like that. I mean she tries but it's not very good and you can't reall understand her Is she slow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think I've ever met a two year old who can put actual sentences together. My son is two and he doesn't watch TV either. She sounds fine to me.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• without more info, she just sounds like a busy 2 yr old. as for the speech, they usually dont worry until 3 yrs, in regards to speech impediments and such, but you can work with her and make it a fun game. flash cards, but instead of asking her to sit still(which is sooo hard when you are 2 and the world is soooo cool lol) you can make it a game of "jump/clap/dance/etc" for the words, or do action words. reading to kids helps alot as well. but she sounds fine to me. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• She sounds very normal. The longer you can keep her away from TV, the better.

My daughter was speaking in complete sentences before her second birthday, but was in diapers past her fourth birthday.

All children develop differently...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:52 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Sounds normal to me.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 12:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• very very very normal!!! dont worry about her language skills! they will come along! Right now, let her be active, let her play, and keep encouraging that imagination. I think you are doing a great job!! Besides, 10 years from now is anyone going to care that she didnt put a perfect sentence together at the age of two? =) Thats what I always try to think about everytime I get worried about something. She is normal hun!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• if your really worried as her dr. but i dont think so .................my oldest didnt speak clearly until he was 5 but it was sentences at that point. but..........he did talk at 2 but no one but me could understand him..........we usd sign languaage and talking together to encourage him.
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 8:17 AM on Jan. 3, 2010