Why do some women take bluntness for rudeness?

I can tell the difference... can you?

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 3:54 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YES...if you ask for my opinion, you get it...no holds barred...

I really am a nice person, though...some people are a teensy bit over-sensitive I suppose...but, hey, it's a free country...just ask my hubby...he went to war to keep it that way.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 3:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Yes I can to, the ones that call being blunt as being rude are the ones that see something that is not what they wanna hear so they categorize it as being rude instead of" just calling them as you see them!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I am blunt but i try to filter it for the audience KWIM? I had a habit of being too blunt at times which caused some issues lol, so i have learned to be carefully blunt. Trust me if I am being rude you would know :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Sometimes I mean for things to sound helpful and understanding but you can't hear the voice in my head as I type, so it seems rude. I will apologize usually if I think its just miscommunication.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• like sarcasm on the internet. i know what you mean. it's hard to get tone of voice. but i'm talking about real life also- i get called a bitch all the time for just calling how i see.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 4:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I have one friend that will be blunt with me and I love her. She's the one that will say " You know I can see all the dimples in your ass in those pants, your going to change before we leave right?"......It might sting a little, but I'd rather not be seen in public with a dimply ass.  Now some might think that was rude.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• One persons blunt is another's bitch- maybe a little more self monitoring based on your audience is called for- unless you enjoy having people dislike you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• If people keep telling you you are rude maybe you need to stop and listen. You might not think it's rude because you weren't taught any better. There's blunt and respectful and there's childish and rude.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• This - "Sometimes I mean for things to sound helpful and understanding but you can't hear the voice in my head as I type, so it seems rude."

And, to be honest, I didn't even know I was coming off as rude or anything until someone said something very rude to me about it, even intimating that others were saying stuff about me here on CM about me being rude, too. I was very hurt & wished someone had said something sooner. Now I will only post questions & replies anon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I'm always blunt on the answers section because of the character limitation.

It amuses me when I'm called rude because my opinion conflicts with theirs. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2010