My hair is falling out!! What do I do?

They last few days, or weeks I should say, I have noticed that my hair is falling out. I used to have really thick hair, and now its so thing and flat. If I run my fingers threw it, 10+strands come out. I wake up in the morning to find that my pillow has about a lb of hair on it (a mild exateration, but there is a lot!) I take a shower, and there is a ton falling out. What do I do!?!?!?!?!?! I don't want to lose my hair!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• It's postpartum alopecia. There is something that can help it. Myself and my clients use the Nioxin system. I take the supplement and use the products. It really has made a diffference for so many people. It's a little pricey but so worth it. If used properly you should see a huge difference in about six weeks. Good luck!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Ok did you recently have a baby or stop breastfeeding? IF so then it is normal and will stop in 6 months. If not you could have a hormone imbalance, or stress. Go to the doctor and see if they can give you hormones to get you back in balance.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• true~ My DS was born 2 months ago, and I have had a ton of stress since then, so thats probably why. I didnt even think about it. Thank you!

**OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• No problem after my DD was born my hair started falling out I freaked out and found out it was normal it still sucks. My hair hasn't looked the same since.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• If it's serious loss start using a hair system now to stop the hair loss and keep what you have. You shouldn't have your hair under hot hot water this can make you lose hair. And stress.
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 12:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Also your hair follicles are weak so no pulling, yanking or anything else that could stress the follicle. If you color go to a professional so they can make a safe formula for you.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2010