My DD stays up and plays in her crib.

I put her to bed and she will stay up talking to herself and jumping in her bed for hours. Anybody else have kids do this? She is 19 months.

truealaskanmom

Asked by truealaskanmom at 5:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as she is keeping her self occupied and getting enough sleep you are OK. She is probably a person who just enjoys her private time and space. Don't knock it. she could be a child who refuses to sleep or do anyting in her crib. Enjoy what you got cuz the next will may be the exact opposite and demand all your time and attention.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• You are lucky to have a child who is happy playing alone. This is normal (we used to stick a video camera in our daughter's room so we could see what she was up to.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• my son does this at nap time sometimes. he'll stay in his bed for an hour or 2 without sleeping. it's so frustrating because then he gets really grumpy in the afternoon! he's about 8 months older than your daugher.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2010