Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I am in so much pain, I know that it is a urinary tract infection. I couldn't get to the Dr today but will first thing in the morning. I have heard that they can cause miscarriage and I am so worried. What do you think? I am in sooooo much pain.

Answer Question

Asked by kittymontclaire at 5:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 4 (31 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • If you are pregnant then you need to go get see right now because yes it can cause a miscarriage. Please go to the ER right now, and if you don't know if you should believe me call the on call OB at your doctor and ask them that is what they are there for please be safe.

    Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

  • I can't believe that your doctor can't see you for a quick urine test.

    Anyway, drink lots of water, take cranberry capsules, don't eat or drink anything acidic, no caffeine or alcohol, no spicey foods, cut way back on sodium

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

  • Well, I went to the ER and they gave me an IV antibiotic but I had an allergic reaction to it. That was scary and now I am worried if the reaction harmed my baby. They gave me other antibiotict to take home and I am feeling much better.

    Answer by kittymontclaire at 8:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.