my 6 mo old started shaking her head no, not saying no, but she just does it randomly. is this normal? or should i be concerned??? I am nervous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normal development, she's repeating the headshaking she's seen others do & learning what the word means.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Hell yeah you should be nervous! She's showing her independence and before you know it, she's gonna be shaking that little head at YOU!! lol, no, hun. She is just fine - totally normal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• She's exploring new sensations and new abilities. It's a good thing. :)

Answer by Bmat at 9:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• lol, she's finding out she has some control over her body. If she does it and frets while doing it then have her ears checked but if she's happy then she's probably fine and just checking out her body and how it works.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My daughter did this early on (does it now at 14 months but it definately means no now) I was told they are learning they have rhythm I was also told they may bang their head against a wall and it is for the same reason....it passes and it did and she is a normal kid.
    Kiwi66

Answer by Kiwi66 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2010