Any ideas on what I could have? Extremely sick!

So I'll try to sum this up in as little words as possible. It started Mon when my OB'S partner prescribed me Zoloft. I took it Fri morning before work. At 8am it started to kick in WAY to strong. It made me get sick,shake, grind my teeth, all the normal things when you start an antidepressant but way to stong. I went to the ER they said I probably had the flu (I had felt fine before I took it). Ever since then (nowSat) I'm so weak I can't sit up in bed,have no appetite, get contractions every time I get up, have bad back and stomach pain, and get dizzy for no reason. I went back to the ER Thurs and they told me they don't know what's wrong with me. Has anyone else had this happen to them? They told me I will have to see my OB and of course she is on vacation till Tues. It's got me pretty worried. The ER tests show I'm not anemic and I don't have vertigo so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Bashful984

Asked by Bashful984 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• stop taking it that would be my advise..wait till you see YOUR ob dont take prescriptions from someone that really isnt your doctor just a fill in if you feel better after being off it for the next few days then you know thats what it was..they could of given you too high of a dose to start off with which is why your feeling it the way you are they should start you low and progressively move you up i would def stop taking it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Yeah, I didn't take it after that first day. I had been on them before I found out I pregnant and I knew what was happening wasn't normal. Not sure if it's the hormones or what but I argued with the doctor that I didn't want to be on them at all pregnant and I was very mad at him for it.
    Bashful984

Answer by Bashful984 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2010