Why is it so easy for people to talk about pregnancy, but not sex?

People get pregnant because they have sex. Yet for some reason people have such a hard time discussing sex, yet pregnancy, people just get gaga over, without any reservations. Why is that? Can you imagine if we asked people what the sex was like that got them pregnant?..lol. Seriously though... What makes pregnancy such an easy thing to talk about, but how we got there (sex! aaaaaa!) is so hush hush?

VelvetCat

Asked by VelvetCat at 9:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Some folks have a little class.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• human beings have been conditioned all there lives to keep sex talk in teh bedroom, its considered rude and a little disturbing in society to openly talk about sex. its just the way we've been programed to do things. (thankfully tho me and my friends don't listen to society's rules ^__- )
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 9:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Me and my friends talk about sex. Not like how good it is or whatever but concerns we have or whatever blah blah blah. lol I think it's weird that people are so embarrassed by it, i think sex is AMAZING. :) lol
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• To me, sex is a private thing that belongs in the bedroom, not discussed online for millions of strangers to read about.
    If it is talked about in a 'clinical' forum setting without anyone getting into their personal business, then that would be fine for people to go to in order to clarify some issues they are having or to gain knowledge.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I talk about sex and I laugh when people look at me funny. Sex brought us here and sex brought our kids here. Why is it so hard to say who knows the creation of life is awesome.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• great answers so far ladies. lets keep going!
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 1:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Sex is intimate. It is a bond between myself and my husband. Its really no one's buisness how we do it or when or how often...unless i feel the need to brag. What makes it special is that it is intimate and just for us.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Yes I agree too that sex is intimate... it also makes babies... isnt that intimate as well then? I get what the PO is saying, I think. The only way to get a baby is by doing the duty.... yet when people talk about pregnancy, it seems to never come up.. yet it is the soul reason the pregnancy is there in the first place. I am not saying that it should be talked about openly and all the time, but why it has to be such a taboo thing to discuss, and why the end result (pregnancy) is not.
    Anonymous

• Maybe they are stuck in a different decade
    tattooedmama77

Answer by tattooedmama77 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2010