New healthy budget friendly breakfast lunch dinner and snack ideas

I'm so sick of making the same things over and over. And now that it is the new year I am set on getting my family healthier. My 2 yr old son eats anything you put in front of him so that won't be a problem. I just need some new ideas!

GabbyP.

Asked by GabbyP. at 9:56 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Here are some suggestions; send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes:

Lentil tacos
    Lentil sloppy joes
    peanut noodles with broccoli
    stir-fry with brown rice
    pizza with whole wheat crust
    lentil soup
    vegetable stew with dumplings
    sweet potato burritos
    stuffed peppers

Answer by rkoloms at 5:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Turkey Burgers (YUMMY), Chicken ala king (or turkey), Spaghetti, Turkey meatloaf, BLT's (turkey bacon), and so on. :) I love eating healthy and always make things that are "normal" into something that is very healthy
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Go get some cook books, and you will get tons of ideas you can play with. I use stuff i already have on hand. Yesterday i made pancakes and smeared peanut butter in the middle with sliced bananas. (Like a sandwich) and sprinkled it with powdered sugar. It had to be healthier than all that syrup. Plus it was pretty!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2010