cradle cap?

Okay so my son has cradle cap he's 3 months old i've been kinda trying to ignore it since it's not bothering him why should it bother me right? well it's now bothering me and my husband lol so he went out and bought this shampoo with pooh bear on it for cradle cap the directions arent very clear...do i use this before i bath him? let it sit awhile? do it after a bath ? any advise would be GREAT! ty

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just use a little baby oil to soften it up. I let it sit on DS's head for a minute or 2. Then take a soft baby hairbrush and gently brush in circles to exfoliate that skin off. It would kinda make a paste (gross, I know!). Then I'd shampoo it with regular baby shampoo. I did this every other day for about a week until it was gone and it never came back.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 10:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Yeah, I'd just rub GENTLY baby oil on it and it will go away. No need for fancy pooh-shoo.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Cradle cap is actually caused by oil in the babies skin mixing with dead skin cells, so although baby oil makes it seem better it actually doesnt really help in the long term. just put the shampoo on his head when you first put him in the bath and let it soak while you are bathing the rest of him. Then you can use a soft brush or wash cloth to gently scrub his head clean. It will take several tries probably to get it all off and its is going to look much worse for a few days but then it will go away and probably not come back as long as you continue to make sure all the oil is getting rinsed off his head at bath time.
    neehill

Answer by neehill at 11:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• okay so i probably shouldnt leave it on over night? lol thats what gets me about it the bottle says nothing about washing it off or anything it's weird
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I used Aquaphor (that jelly/lotion stuff you use after tattoos and on dry skin)... it was the only thing I could get to work, plus it was easy.
    Anonymous

• A three month old doesn't need any soap or shampoo. Rub some olive or coconut oil on it; massage gently and remove with a comb.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2010