How do I start potty training my 2 yr old boy

I have a two year old boy that I am wanting to start potty training. He knows when he poops and pees but whenever I try to stick him on the potty he shows no interest as to using it. I have heard potty training boys is much harder than training girls. Does anybody have any ideas as to how I can interest my son into using the potty.

aidens_mom_0854

Asked by aidens_mom_0854 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• make a big deal about it. make him excited about the potty, tell him if he goes peepee in the potty he gets a treat (ie a sticker, mini marshmellow, teddy gram, ect) and 2 if he goes poopoo. after you get him excited about the potty, get a timer and have it set to every hour. if he doesn't go, it's every half hour till he does. be sure to put him on the potty 15-20min after he has something to drink. anyway, when the timer goes off, make a big deal that it's POTTY TIME!!! make up a potty song,to sing while he's on the potty, read him books, he can play with toys while he sits on it (but make sure he pushes it in with one hand or you'll get a shower) and when he goes be all excited and do a potty dance. be consistant with the timer thing, eventually you'll figure out the times he normally goes and you won't need a timer anymore. give this about 3-4 days and by then you'll have limited accidents. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My son gets a gummy bear when he uses the potty. The only issue is that he likes the yellow ones the most so now he's disappointed becausethere aren't any left.  His daycare was very supportive and I think it helped tons that his friends are school were all using the potty.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 12:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2010