I am 36 and he is 24

I met this guy about 3 weeks before he went of to boot camp. He is my friend brother. so me and my friend brother became fast friend we booth laidback easy going we like alot of the some things. So when he went to boot camp we wrote letters. He came home for the holidays for 2 weeks and we spent a lot of nights in my apt taking watch moves and we like a lot same music we had sex to with I say was good sex. The more time we spend together the more he was hands on more hugging and then he started giving my kisses> there was two night he came over and we just hug up and went to sleep. It was a good time. What I want to know is when he go’s back to boot camp he be gone for a year or more. Can we billed a relationship if all I can do is right letters back and forth.

pinkcat365

Asked by pinkcat365 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Of course you can. Sometimes it's easier to share feelings through letters, we seem to say more, I believe you can build a very strong emotional bond through letters. I answered this post because of the title...weird, when I was 36 I had a 24 yr. old boyfriend...he was an old soul, I didn't notice the age difference, in some ways he was wiser than me, so don't worry about his age ok?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My gut reaction is that he's too young for you,but you never know.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I don't think age should have anything to do with it. It might be hard to start a relationship while he is away, but I have seen it done before, and those people are now married and have been for some years. It's not impossible, just hard.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• The distance will be more damaging than your age difference. Its really hard to have a long distance relationship w/ anybody but someone you just met? I think there's a certain amount of getting to know who a person truely is that can't be done w/ letters, it needs to be in person. Just bc he writes you doesn't mean he's telling you who he truely is, its much easier to censure & pretend to be something you're not if your not around to see how he acts. Not saying this guy's a jerk, just saying that even if you do make it thru the year spend time getting to know him in person before deciding he's the one. I know a lot of my friends have gone thru this w/ their military hubbys, its hard!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I am 36 and I have no idea what I would have in common with someone who is 24 - unless it was sex! But writing letters is hard because you really can't get to know someone in letters. If you already knew each other well - then I think it COULD work, but not just starting out. Building a good, strong relationship is HARD.

I agree with Nyx7.

Good luck though
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 11:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Yes but remember that at his age he's going to experience a lot of life and probably with other women. If you are ok with that then it's all good

Answer by admckenzie at 11:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Just from reading your personal statement in your profile, it seems to me you have so much more to worry about than a man. Your children should be first on your list of priorities. JMO..... Then you need to take care of you, get your life straight, learn to love yourself, and then the rest will come in time. Sorry if that was too blunt, it's JMO..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• reading your profile makes me think that you need to worry about you children and not some young guy in boot camp that probably will cheat on you.... I also think that you maybe have some problems yourself..... Why would you keep having kids if you cant take care of them yourself? Be a mom and be there for you kids! They need you! Dont waste your energy on some guys you just met that probably just wanted sex..... I hope you take my addvise and leave him alone!
    Anonymous

• It is possible to have a long distance relationship, but the question is, is that what he wants? And also, LDR works better if you can see each other regularly, will that be possible? My boyfriend and I have what is basically a LDR b/c he's a long haul truck driver, so he's gone for 3 weeks at a time, but we know that every 3 weeks, we will have a few days together, and that's what gets us thru. That, and we also talk on the phone pretty much all our waking hours, we e-mail and stuff like that too. So, it is possible to do it, but you both have to be willing to do it. Also, being that your relationship is so new might make it harder, too. Emotional investment is a huge incentive to make the relationship work, and being that he's so young and you guys just met, he may not have that investment, and in all honesty, you may not either. I guess just give it a shot and see what happens? Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• he isnt to young, i was 22 and my hubby was 31 when we met. i belive u should write this guy,it could turn into something.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2010