What are some tried and true Natural remedies...

for everyday ailments like heartburn, headaches, upset stomachs?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 10:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Health

• milk is good for heart burn. :) headaches can be helped by pickle juice, works MIRACLES! :) and upset stomach can be helped by ginger or crackers
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• For heartburn, drink 2 TBSP Vinegar straight.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 10:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Oh sheesh please don't take the first posters advice! Milk makes the stomach MORE acidic~! And pickles have vinegar in them ...a well known trigger for headaches. Acidic foods lead to headaches and heartburn. It's very simple, works like this acid= inflammation=pain. Other well known acidic foods are citrus, wine, tomato's, aged cheeses...you can look up acid/alkaline foods and find out which are best. To get rid of the headache you need to alkalanize your system, I drink carrot juice and eat almond butter, both very alkalanizing...celery is too. For heartburn or ulcers, eat steamed cabbage (no butter, butter is acidic, I know...you wouldn't think it is) or you can juice some cabbage...either way, it heals the intestinal walls and will get rid of your heartburn quicker than you can say 'Hey, I feel better now!' Good luck! ps..if I drank carrot juice I would have a migraine from hell and I'd be puking my guts out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Look up vinegar, while it is good for SOME things it is your worst nightmare when it comes to headaches and heartburn! Look up acidic and alkaline foods...or migraine triggers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• For me, mint works for both upset stomach and migraines. I haven't found anything natural that works for my heartburn, but I've got really BAD heartburn, too. I keep mints and candy canes around all year, and when ever my stomach is upset or I get a migraine, I suck on a mint or two and it kills the stomach upset and eases the migraine. There's a mint oil that you can dab on your temples to help with the migraine, but I can't remember what the name is and you REALLY don't want to use a mint extract or mint essential oil because it'll burn your skin. You can probably google it.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Apples/Apple juice helps with headaches.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• If you drink apple juice, be sure to buy organic unprocessed. Check the label, if it says pure, made from concentrate then it is acidic and will lead to inflammation=headaches...heartburn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Papaya enzyme! The Whole Foods house brand does not have pineapple.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2010