Binkys

I'm going to have a baby in July and I was wondering if you had any suggestions on what kind of binkys are good. ( brand and type) my son used avent but I've heard there are better ones. So ifyou have one you and your baby love please share. Thanks!!

AshleyG.

Asked by AshleyG. at 11:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use Soothies. They're green circular and all silicone. I find they're best for infants and older children to use. Plus, when the child starts teething they're great chew toys. My son never took a pacifier, but he loved chewing on the soothies to help relieve his pain. My daughter loves the soothies we got for her.

Soothies are used in almost every hospital as the pacifier to give to the infants. I highly recommend them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• playtex. my son took those. although, i wouldn't stock up on binkies until after your baby is born and know what s/he wants. my dd hated them
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• At the hospital the nurses gave my little one a brand called Soothies. I tried switching him over to the "nook" type ones and he wasnt having it. The soothies are a hard plastic type and resemble the older style nipples. the straight brownish ones. They old up well to the dishwasher and being boiled.

Good Luck.
    ashleymarie710

Answer by ashleymarie710 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• i use soothies same thing you get in the hospital when he does want one it does the job but he's more of a thumbsucker so he really doesnt use them much
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 11:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• if your going to breastfeed "NUK" are the best, but only after the 1st month. The hospital gave my daugher the "Soothie" brand and she loved it, it was easy to switch her over. My laction consultant, was the one who said the "NUKS" are the best. But in the end its up to you! Good luck!
    Froggy_girl1790

Answer by Froggy_girl1790 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• my daughter loves the nuk brand. they fit to the roof of her mouth perfectly.
    liltexchick

Answer by liltexchick at 12:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My hospital used Mam pacis - my lactation consultant told me to get rid of it immediately and use Soothie instead. I was breastfeeding and she said it would cause less nipple confusion. Once my milk came in, we had no problems breastfeeding, even with having introduced the paci at birth.

Answer by missanc at 12:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• every baby is different on what kind of binkys they like. some are hard for certain babies to hold in their mouth. Try buying one of every different style. This way you can have your baby try them out and figure out which one is best for them! congrats on the baby!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I used mim mams. She weaned herself at five months, now my second I bought every binkie they sell in the USA and never did she take to any. Depends on the baby not what you want to buy. I think anyways.
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't buy any until you know that your baby will take them. we had a bunch of binkies lined up and he hates them.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 3:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2010