Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do i do about my marine husband cheating on me

hey everyone i just found out my marine husband of 5 years is cheating on me.. with a girl whos husband is also a marine im so lost on what to do im coming to the internet for help please any advice i would love
thank you

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • Take his money and kick his ass to the curb.

    Answer by Nathskitten at 11:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

  • Is he sorry? Does he want to make it work? Does his fellow marine know about the affair? I guess all of these are factors in my answer, so sorry he did this!

    Answer by kimigogo at 11:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

  • My husband is a Marine also and if he cheated on me I dont know what I would do? We have a baby together and we have been together since we were in high school..... My first thought would be leave him! But then there are so many factors to these kind of things and you should get to the bottom of it! If he has never done this before and he is turely sorry then I would say ask him to go to couples counceling! Good Luck girl! And Im so sorry he did this to you!

    Answer by heatherjenea at 11:52 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

  • Doesn't matter if a cheater is a marine, or a doctor or lawyer or Indian chief. Cheating is cheating and disrespect for one's self and the other person. It take guts from the soul to tell another person one wants a divorce. It takes ego to cheat and ego leads to more problems and more problems beyond that.

    If he's with you and has cheated while you and have been together in your home, don't wait for it to happen again. It will happen again no matter he leaves you or goes to another woman (to love forever HA) he will cheat again after that.
    Either get counselling with him now to decide to split or hv laws of trust set.

    Cheating is ego. But cheating ego is a stronger ego need than regular ego bragging about the beauty of a child or wife or of work accomplishments.

    If he cheated while tdy or deployed get counselling now to help you deal with his travel/deployment and cheating until he returns. Then bring him into counslln.

    Answer by lfl at 11:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

  • Report both of them to their commanding officers. Both of them will be demoted and docked at the very least, and one or both of them may be dishonorably discharged; it is against the Marine Code of Conduct to commit adultery

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

  • oh sigh. I love really do I'm saying this with respect of her idea, I love 1055anon's suggestion. Unfortunately if the president of our country "does not have sex with that woman" and other leaders in our country too, co's aren't going to do much about cheating.

    We're in war, wish so much we werent but we are. Miiitary personnel are needed in force. Adultery won't get him out of the military or we wouldn't have any military at all or any body in any job position of success in any job.

    My husband in the military years ago partied and since discharge has cheated to. I still think counselling now for at least yourself is best and maybe too with your husband. Above all else don't retaliate cheat. That lowers your selfrespect in court.

    Answer by lfl at 12:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

  • I'll say this:

    If my husband ever cheated on me there would only be one thing in his future. A divorce. There will be no second chance. There will be no making it work. If I wasn't good enough to be his one and only, then I will never been good enough. He had his chance, he will never get that chance again. I believe that if he wants to be with someone else soo bad, then he doesn't need to be with me. I won't share and I shouldn't have to.

    That's how I see it if I were in your shoes.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

  • Yeah,The person above suggested to report them to the commanding officer. You had better believe that it'll put a stop to that PARTICULAR situation. I mean if you don't trust that they will stop if you just ask him to.
    My dh called my ex high school boyfriend's commanding when he had told him to stop calling me and did not stop. It's funny but I never did hear from him again! The military does not take "screwing around" or messing in others marrages lightly. He will get set on the streight and narrow and real fast!
    You can even make an anon call if you fear him being mad at you about it. Seriously,you should call no matter what and get it stopped. GL

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

  • go to base legal and see what your options are - if you get there first, there would be a conflict of interest for him to go there to help him. I knew someone who went to all the base legal offices for consults forcing the spouse to use non-military resources.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.