38 weeks prego and in lots of pain wondering how to help my water to break i am thinning out

clrkrss02

Asked by clrkrss02 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• just let nature do it's thing. your water might not ever break. and that called being born in caul. it's very special and rare to hear about anymore. rest bc you will need your strength for when big event happens
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:56 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• walk, jump down the steps (ok thats a joke but it worked for my grandma LOL) and have intercourse with sweety...LOL
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 11:58 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• my doc told me that only 5% of women have their water break on its own. I've heard that sperm will help soften the cervix. It worked for me. I did the deed and went into labor about 6 hours later when I was 39 weeks. Good luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Why do you want your water to break... ?? Labor hurts 10x worse with a broken water, especially if the baby is posterior.. It MIGHT speed things up but it also might slow things down because you'll be in more pain. I would not want my water to break early in labor for another reason.. if it does you'll be on 'the clock' and 24 hours after if you haven't given birth they might give you a c-section (painful recovery, riskier to you and your babies life) .. plus you are 5x as likely with your water broken to get an infection which could kill you or your baby. And you are much much more likely to have umbilical cord prolapse with PROM which kills thousands of babies each year. You do NOT want your water broken and you do not WANT THEM to break it for you either!! It's an unsafe and totally unnecessary practice. Try getting on all fours with your butt in the air and head down.. it'll help ease a contraction if it is painful
    Anonymous

• If you aren't in labor yet.. baby is obviously not ready.. at 38 weeks the lungs still could be troublesome (usually aren't, but at 38 weeks babies are twice as likely than a 39 weeker to end up in the NICU - and an induction without any dilation is 70% more likely to end in c-section than an induction with dilation to atleast 5 cm) and even if your water did/does break early that would not necessarily make you go into labor..
    Anonymous

• yea definitely don't be trying to break your water! your water likely won't break until well into labor, perhaps after baby is born. the usual suggestions to self-induce are sex and walking but they really won't help until baby is ready and honestly that could be 4 weeks from now. hang in there!!!! is it possible for yout o see a chiropracter because i have heard that can really help but i never tried it myself. gl!
    Anonymous

• Some effacement doesn't mean you *must* force anything along. Your baby and body might still need 6 more weeks.
    Do you know what station baby is engaged at? It is very risky to hope-try to rupture your membranes.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• the baby will be fine let nature take its course that baby might just want to take its sweet time and u could get a exercise ball sit on it move back and forth it will help open your cervix
    Anonymous

• i am in to much pain i want this to be over
    clrkrss02

Answer by clrkrss02 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2010