Daycare questions, Middlefield/Chardon Ohio

I was wondering if anyone is using a daycare center in Chardon, or Middlefield, and if you could tell me what you think of it. the workers, the environment the activities so on and so on. i want to get a job at a daycare center like "bass lake" so my son can attend the daycare and i can work in a different section, but i want to know my options and their quality from real clients.

Lakoia

Asked by Lakoia at 12:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in

• Here are some reviews on Bass Lake Child Care Center.
    There are some things to keep in mind when working at the same daycare/preschool/school that your child attends. First, while most daycares do give a discount to their employees who have children at the daycare, some will not give the discount until after a probationary period. Also, if you do get hired and your child does attend, then you and his teacher need to set up some guidelines before hand. I use to work at the same daycare that my son attended and everytime they could not get him to go to sleep, they would call me in there to pat his back. This caused a big problem. He started to not go to sleep just so I could come pat his back. This interfered with my classroom and caused me to get behind. Continued...

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Continued... It's not that I didn't want to pat my son's back, but it became a big problem. Also, if you child gets hurt (minor), you may or may not be able to comfort them. This will greatly depend on the teacher and the director. You will need to set guidelines before hand that way if something comes up, everyone knows what to do or what not to do, and it will be less of a hassle. For example, let's say that if your son scrapes his knee and is crying, then you want to be informed right away and not at the end of the day. If the teacher knows this info then she might be able to call you or send someone to your room to let you know. Having these guidelines will make for a much smoother work day and experience at your work. Anyways, good luck, being a preschool teacher is a very rewarding but challenging career.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• you can look at parents reviews of schools at greatschools.com
    there arent a ton of reviews sadly, i havent looked at that school.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• My kids don't go to daycare, but everyone I know LOVES Bass Lake.
    Anonymous