Copper IUD and cramping... help.

I've had my IUD for 2 months over a year. The last 3 months I have had very uncomfortable cramping, to the point that ibuprofen doesn't do much for the pain. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't have insurance right now, but I think on Monday I am going to make an appointment somewhere. I know I am not pregnant, I took a pregnancy test.

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Health

• hundreds of years ago in the eighties I had an iud and for several months had severe cramping during my periods. I was told it was because my uterus saw it as a foreign body and it was like laboring to get it out.

A negative pregnancy test doesn't always mean there's no pregnancy but a period and a no pregnancy test combined usually mean there's no pregnancy.

Maybe a hospital near you has a clinic that would take your income level with little co pay for you to be responsible for? For my aches and pains now the ibuprofen that works best for me isn't advil, it's excedrin. Their ibuprofen is formulated to be extra strong.

But if there is a chance you could be pregnant try using warm water bottles wrapped in a towel instead of even otc meds of ibuprofen or even tylenol until you see a doctor to know for sure. Hope you feel better!

lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I would have it checked. There is a slight chance that it could have moved or that you are pregnant and it's not showing on a test.

Call around, you may be able to find a doctor who will help you low to no cost.

Cafe Jenn
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 1:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I have had my copper IUD in for 9 mths and still have the issue. Yes yours could have moved? They would have to check you. I am getting my removed cause ever since I have had mine its been heavy bleeding, severe cramping very uncomfortable. I know how you feel.

Danielle Shellhorn
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2010