How do I get my almost 18 month old daughter to sleep in her bed?!?!?

My almost 18 month old is totally spoiled and has to be in mommy and daddys bed! If i place her in her bed while she is sleeping she wakes up shortly after screaming until i place her in our bed, I bought a brand new 3-1 crib and she has only slept in it 4 times how do i break her from it??? And another question as well, she still wakes up through out the night wanting her sippy. Sometimes i have to fill it again 2-3 times, I have not had a full nights sleep yet since before she was born!!! someone please give advice thanks

IloveMyHailey

Asked by IloveMyHailey at 12:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wow, some people amaze me with their remarks. God Forbid someone give a real answer on here!
    anyways, Have you tried sitting in her room with her while she tries to sleep? Sit on the floor in her room and sing to her or just hang out while she is in her crib. It is going to take time. and it is going to take a few sleepless nights, but it will work. I dont know how you feel about crying it out, but imo thats probably your best option. Put her in there, give her 15 min of crying, go in and try to clam her down for 5 minutes, leave the room, and repeat.
    It is going to be difficult, but try to start now and try to stick to it. The longer they are in your bed the harder it is to break. so right now you are still at a good time to get her transitioned. Good luck to you!! I wish I had more advice! just try to stick withg it! you can do it!! and it will be hard, but every night it should get easier. pm me if you want to talk mor
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• my child woke frequently until about 17 months old to nurse. he has always slept in his crib since he was a few months old though after nursing. have you read "the no cry sleep solution" or "the no cry sleep solution for toddlers"? i read the no cry sleep solution and there were a lot of ideas in there but they took work and i always just wanted to get to sleep as soon as i could! there would definitely be some ideas in there though. good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• oh sorry anon was so rude btw. some moms do let their toddlers scream and cry alone but some don't. i think she cries for you because it's her routine and it will be hard work to get her out of that routine. that's what it was with my son i think. it was his routine to call for mommy when he woke up, nurse, then go back to sleep. actually he just finally grew out of it. he started waking less often around 17 months but still woke a couple times per night for a few months after that.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2010