Should we have someone that lies as head of the TSA?

Errol Souther, the TSA nominee was caught in a lie during the hearings. Souther used his FBI position to do 2 separate searches on his ex-wife's boyfriend. He later testified that HE didn't do the searches, but someone else did. A short time later it seems his memory returned and it was HIM that did the illegal searches. He regrets his error in judgement.

Shouldn't the head of the Transportation & SAFETY Aministration be someone that tells the truth AND someone that wouldn't use their position for illegal purposes?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/01/AR2010010101988.html

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 12:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• by: jesse123456
    Not only did he lie, there was the abuse of power thing.

No kidding.  I wonder if those that practically lynched Sarah Palin because of her brother in law are as up in arms about this guy's abuse of power?  Somehow I doubt it.   It would have looked better if he had just admitted it. 

I also agree with Lori.  He would fit right in. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Not only did he lie, there was the abuse of power thing. Using your position to investigate someone without cause other than he is dating your ex is abuse of power. He will do it again which seems to be the MO of the people BO has put in positions of any power. We must begin holding our public officials to a high standard and stop saying that "everybody else does it" or "the other party does it too". Change was promised. Well, start somewhere. Why not with this nomination?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Simple answer, NO.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Everyone lies... he just got caught...
    jas_momof2

Answer by jas_momof2 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Wow! I can't believe one poster thinks everyone is a liar! It isn't just about the lie or getting caught though. This man seriously abused his power!
    Anonymous

• He later testified that HE didn't do the searches, but someone else did. A short time later it seems his memory returned and it was HIM that did the illegal searches. He regrets his error in judgement.

***
    Looks like he'll fit in PERFECTLY with the Obama Administration!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• While I think this is pretty crappy, you think this is the first person who worked in an intelligence agency with high tech methods that snooped on the ex's new squeeze? LOL - yes, it is a lie, and no, it does not speak well for the guy. However, this is one area that I would pretty much roll my eyes regardless of what party is in office, regardless of what person was snooping. Snooping on the ex is something most people have done. And those that have not been caught are breathing a sigh of relief.
    While it is an abuse of power, I don't think there are many who can say that they have never snooped on an ex, especially if they had advanced info gathering techniques. I think it's human nature to learn as much as possible to make us feel oh-so much better.....

**waiting for all the denials of snooping on the ex**
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 3:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Lili, just because you snoop on your ex, don't project your own shortcomings on everyone else. 

"Everyone does it" is an excuse of teenagers, not mature adults. 

Anonymous

• No more than a tax cheat should head the IRS.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2010