• In the Spotlight:

Neighbors moved and left their cats, what should I do?

The local shelter is full and the cats would be put down. I don't know what to do with them. Their are eight total. I've been trying to keep them in my garage but, the males are spraying and making a mess of everything. I need them gone now.

What other options are there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pets

• I know that the Zimmern foundation will spay/.neuter them if to want to keep feeding them. I know thw shelter is full but you could still take them if you don't want them . Maybe you could keep a couple of the ones you like best?
    It is always sad to hear of people leaving pets like that. would they leave their kids too?
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• hummmm i know most shelters can give you some places you can get them spayed or neutered cheaply or sometimes for free. (mine has a service that will do it for about $15) the best thing i can say is get them fixed and keep them as outdoor cats, or find them some homes with friends. take lots of pictures of them and post them in papers or flyers around your town, a picture will catch hearts better than words ^_-

as to getting rid of them, you can put an add online or in the paper.
    http://www.petfinder.com/index.html ------( this one also has listing of shelters, look for a no kill shelter near you)
    http://news-herald.kaango.com/
    http://www.adoptapet.com/animal-shelters -------another one to help look for a shelter

hope that helps ^_^ good luck

Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 12:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Either try and find a home for them or just take them to the spca.maybe someone will save some cats
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 12:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• or kke them yourself.
    Anonymous

• sorry or keep them yourself.
    Anonymous

• Your going to have to call someone, ASPCA, or your local animal shelter. They might be put down, but if you leave them they'll will breed and before you know it you'll have 20 homeless kittens...and it will continue from there.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Most shelters with put a courtesy listing on their web page if they have one. You should also take flyers to the vets in your area and even petstores you can find homes for them that way.  

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I would also look into your animal laws and call the police if you knew the name of the nighbors and press charges for abandonment
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Oh I should have mentioned that I found two homes for two kittens using craigslist. I did get a great response, but they were cute kittens. I'd give it a shot though.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I would try to find the local ASPCA, or look up animal shelters in the next town if yours is full. I would call around, sometimes people do animal resuces and will come and pick them up. I'd try an ad too, free to good homes.
    2010Mommy2be

Answer by 2010Mommy2be at 2:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2010