So what do WE as a country need to do?

We had one hot debate last night about whether or not BO should be president. Well, guess what. He is, and he has another three years. Deal with it.

The big thing now is to decide what WE as a nation can do to help Washington make this a better place. We need to be forward thinkers and come up with solutions to present to our Senators and Reps. And possibly even to the president himself. If we don't like what he is doing, then we need to let the people in charge now. If all we do is sit around on our thumbs and complain, nothing is going to change.

So, what do you want to see happen? What changes do you think will help this country? Lets compile a list and send it in. At least that way we are doing something instead of saying something. Look at how the country really pulled together during WWII. I don't think the country has had such unity since. How can WE bring about that unity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well we can remind our politicians they are supposed to work for us instead of us working for them. Get out and support candidates who have not be corrupted yet and might actually work for our best interest. At home spend less than you make and make better choices for your own life. Don't have kids you cannot support and don't expect others to pay for your bad choices. Don't buy homes you know you can barely afford and realize you are not owed anything you need to earn it. Common sense being used by our citizens would go a long way to helping our country.
    Anonymous

• We could let Texas leave the union and ship all the crazy right wingers there. That alone would be a big help.
    Anonymous

• Well, guess what. He is, and he has another three years. Deal with it.

***
    Perhaps this attitude of yours is the reason why your "debate" got heated?!

So, you don't think people have been telling our elected officials that we're not happy with what's going on in Washington?! LOL! Have you even SEEN clips of the T.E.A. Party protests? Have you read how ALL of us conservative types have written, faxed, and called our lawmakers in our respective states?! Or are you just crawling out from under your rock, and ASSUMING we just sit here, all day, on CafeMom, bitching and moaning?!

Oh, and for what it's worth, while YOU may be new to politics, the MAJORITY of us have ALWAYS paid attention to what our elected officials have done--and that would include finding PLENTY of fault with Bush, and RINO Republicans--this isn't a case of "Hey let's ONLY complain because Obama is the President!!!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I was hoping for some actual suggestions. I am so sick and tired of people who want to gripe and complain but not do anything about the situation. We are not pansies. We DO have brains. We CAN think for ourselves. And we CAN show support to the government by offering alternatives if we do not like what is going on.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

PLEASE, serious answers only. I prefer to talk to people who actually WANT to help our great nation.
    Anonymous

• To LoriKeet,
    I'm just trying to get some people to thinking. I am not all that new to politics. I just get tired of hearing complaints without any solutions. I know that there are groups out there, but some people don't pay attention to that. If you would like to post some of those sites to help those who are behind on the times, I am all for it. That would be great!
    Anonymous

Yeah, I'd say your attitude is part of the problem if you're looking for unity. Meanwhile, we've been saying how to fix it for ages. How about reading it for a change instead of insisting all anyone does is whine?  Because pretty much every idea I listed there way back in March?  I've posted here, and seen others post here, repeatedly, since the election.  Deal with it.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I know that there are groups out there, but some people don't pay attention to that. If you would like to post some of those sites to help those who are behind on the times, I am all for it.

***
    Actually, we DO post sites, articles, and commentary, but if people are not interested in opening their eyes and ears, there's not much more I/we can do! There's a segment of the population who thinks "politics is boring," or get all they need to know from their local newscast or newspaper! Just like the old saying goes: you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• OP, people have been doing this. Do you honestly think the moms on here just sit around and eat bonbons all day? It doesn't matter how many ideas you come up with or how many lists you send in if they are just being ignored. THAT is what is happening right now.

The people have been pulling together and their is unity. We just get bashed for it and called "teabaggers." Hundreds of thousands of people across the country have joined together to protest the massive spending going on. They are dismissed as nuts.

BTW, we don't just have to "deal with it." We can change it. There is a large effort under way to impeach the president. If he signs this healthcare legislation there will be plenty of evidence. All that will be needed is the table change later this year.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Ooo, I haven't heard about the impeachment plan. Do you have a link? I find it hard to keep on the news and media of what is going on because I have been too ill to do much of anything other than sleep and attend doctor's appointments. Are there any other links I need to be aware of? I want to be informed, but puking your guts out and passing out don't exactly lend your body to be a willing listener to anything! LOL

As for "teabaggers," my father has spoken at a few of those conventions. I'm all for it! Some people even wanted him to run in the upcoming election, but he moved and has to make all new ties now. He has never been a politician. He's a former airline piolet, former rodeo rider (from WAY BACK), and now sells insurance (targeting the airline market). He thought it was funny that people wanted him to run!
    Anonymous

Then Libs would have no one successful to steal from in the form of ever increasing taxes!

So that would make no sense.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2010