Quick question

DD is just over a year old and she has been pooping THREE times a day and OMG they are the worst smelling poops EVER is this normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know about how much she is going, but if you think hers smells bad you should smell my DD's lol my DD will be 2 on the 11th and she just got potty trained and has been for about a month now and it was achually easy to train her cause you can smell her before she achually has a BM lol I know gross, but true lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• It could be the rotavirus. It causes really smelly BM's..
    Here's something to read about it:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rotavirus/DS00783
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• its totally normal!! dont worry about it! My DD is 17 months, and she poops on average two to three times a day and she is perfectly healthy! It all depends on their diet, how much they eat, what they eat etc. Everything is fine! =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Yup, normal. My DS poops more when he is teething....BUT....when he poops more, they smell less. I guess it doesn't stay in his system long enough to go "bad" and develop a smell.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 2:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• i have read that with a proper diet, you should poo after every meal.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• i found that the more milk my son drinks, the smellier his poops are. but i think 2-3 poops is normal.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2010