I need suggestions for a baby carrier.

I have a 2 year old and another baby on the way. I need a baby carrier to help me keep my hands free to take care of my 2 year old. There are so many now I don't know what to consider. Any suggestions?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 12:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• are you an on the go mom or just go a coupel place here and there ?
    Jazzy9215

Answer by Jazzy9215 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I found the Baby Bjorn to be the best for out in public. I had an infant and a 2 year old. I also used a Kelty backpack for walks, hikes, fairs apple picking...stuff like that for long term carrying. I like the slings, but they can be hard to manage a 2 year old with a baby in the sling..In my opinion.
    MissV_66

Answer by MissV_66 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I'm on the go all the time to my son's therapies and everything. We are only home a couple days a week. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I never used one so i cant really help but i heard very good things about the Baby K'tan. http://www.babyktan.com/

i am going to buy it for my son when he is born. I had the Mya wrap but it was way too heavy of a material for me and i could never get how to put it on after multiple times of trying. so i took it back and got cloth diapers instead.

aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 5:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• i have a moby wrap (actually it's the same concept, different brand). I took a while to get use to, but it was fantastic with my son. My daughter was 2 1/2 when he was born and I chose to use it for him on my chest or to put her on my back. I really liked it and basically it is a long piece of cloth
    RosaMae

Answer by RosaMae at 12:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2010