How do I start dating again after over 2 years as a single parent?

I am 23 years old. I have an almost 2 year old. I've been single since I was only a few months along. I work 30 hours a week and when I'm not working, I'm with my son. My parents will watch my son on occasion, but don't like to very often. Its expensive and almost impossible to find a babysitter for anything other than work. Not to mention that most men out there either turn tail and run as soon as you mention something about having a child, or they think you are looking to get married right away. I want to have fun. Eventually I would like to get married, but right now, I don't really need that kind of commitment. My son is my #1 priority and that isn't going to change. I'm getting really tired of being alone. I would like to be in a relationship again, but I feel guilty for thinking that I need someone other than my son to be happy. I'm just very confused. Any advice would be welcome.

FlowerGurl86

Asked by FlowerGurl86 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I found that when I wanted to start dating again, using dating sites was a huge help. I could specify exactly what I was looking for in terms of type of relationship, traits in the man, etc. It also allowed me to get to know him over the computer and then the phone before taking time from my children to go out with someone that I may not be at all compatible with. That's how I met my boyfriend (on okcupid.com), and I've never been happier. We're planning to move in together, and he and my kids get along great. Just take your time, and when the right guy comes along, you'll know. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2010