Need a sling or wrap to BF in , any suggestions?

I just had my second DD about a week ago, my DD1 is 18 months old, so I am having a bit off a time trying to BF, and comfort DD2 and keep up with her and the house, etc. I really think that a good baby wrap or sling that I can BF in on the go will be a huge lifesaver, but I am not sure which one to get...I have been looking at Hotslings and Mobywraps. Anyone have any suggestions? I am average size, 5'4 and currently about 145 lbs...hopefully will lose some weight here soon...:( and I would really like to have something that will provide some coverage while BF

nkkk07

Asked by nkkk07 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used a moby wrap for the first 4 months then a ring sling(like maya).
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I have a hotsling..and I cannot nurse in it. I don't hate it..but I ordered it from ebay, and it's not the right size. It's too small. So, my suggestion is to order up a size, if you get one. I got a size 3, 138 lbs, and 5'2.
    ashleybgarcia

Answer by ashleybgarcia at 1:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I have a moby n it was da best. Go on youtube n see how other moms nurse w/ moby. Its complicated at 1st but once u got da hang of it, it's easier.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I agree with the moby. Hit up your local Craigslist because you can get a used one for around $25. When DS was 4 months we moved into an Ergo and I love that thing. You can also wear your 18 month old in either of them.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 2:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I have a hotsling and a wrap. I always preferred the hotsling, the wrap was just too much work when my son was that small. I am 5'4, 130 and I am a size 2 in hotsling... but make sure and measure yourself good to get a good fit and don't be afraid to exchange.

Another thought would be a ring sling... it would offer coverage while nursing, whereas the hotsling won't, plus it's adjustable.

Some people love the wraps, it's really personal preference. If you sew, you can make either really easily... you can make a wrap even if you don't sew.

Also, look into baby k'tan. Kind of a cross between a wrap and a sling.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I agree that its a personal preference the moby takes practice ( and a little patience) but will ultimately be more supportive and offer more coverage

a hot sling is super easy to use and Ive never had an issue with being discrete with nursing it is also at the perfect nursing level for me I prefer my hot sling - no fuss just sling and go

Im currently 5'6 150lbs ( just had dd 11 days ago)- size 3 hotslng i was 120ish and in a size 2 sling before i was pregnant

congrats on your baby!! =)

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 3:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2010