17 Pregnant with TWIN Girls ... (any advice)

This pregnancy was not planned at all although i think my boyfriend wanted this to happen in some weird way...i found out i was pregnant and went to the doctor alone and did it all on my own because i dident want anyone to know then when i found out about the twins i knew i should tell him...but it took me like 2 weeks and before i told him he asked me if i was pregnant so i told him...Anyway now i am 30 weeks and so scared about what is going to happen....ANy advice for a 17 year old that is having twins!!
Like i am 30 weeks now and i have been sooo stressed and i dont know how to control this stress anymore

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well I wasn't 17 when i had my baby. (19) and i only had 1... but I'm gonna bump this for you. Good luck!!! =)
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 2:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I would finish school and go to college so you can support your children. It is not going to be easy but if you grow up and leave your childhood behind you can do this. You won't be able to party and do all your friends are doing you are a mother now so your life will have to change. The kids come first over friends, boyfriends and everyone else so keep that in mind. You can do it but only if you grow up and do what the rest of us have done and put our kids first. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• What is your boyfriend's position now? What is your parent's postition? Do you want to keep the babies, or can you afford too? I hope you are going to be able to finish school, and it is going to take help for you in order to do that. I know you are scared and feel overwhelmed, I hope you have family around you and they are supportive of you. Have you watched the show Teen Mom? I think it gives a pretty and in some cases sad view of what you have ahead. I hope you consider all of your options, marriage, sinlgle mommyhood, and adoption. There are many people who allow open adoptions, and if you boyfriend isn't stepping up to the plate.....need some more info to offer the best advice, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Advice? Follow YOUR heart. Think about what is best for your babies and have a person~ outside of your family and friends~ who is there for support for you to get guidance from.
    Take it from someone whom was pressured into abortion at 17(and is now a 36 year old mother of two). I wish I had have at least been able to give my baby the chance at life,even if I had have given him up he had been taken from me.
    God Bless
    Anonymous

• You are going to need some good support from friends and family.

I have twins and in the beginning they can be very time consuming. I'm not trying to "scare" you here, but even with your boyfriend helping you out, even he will more than likely become overstressed and you may too. it's normal so don't panic, i'm only saying this so you can be prepared... It will be good to have your mom or his mom come by for an hour to help you out with housework or the babies when they can. Also, you will need some time to get out even if it is only an hour or two. Your mental and physical health is important so make sure to eat right and nap when the babies nap. This is standard for any mom, but moms of multiples it's imperative. the first month for me was the most challenging, but once you get past that hurdle, I promise you those babies will be so much fun. Yes, it's twice the work, it's also twice the blessings. PM me if you'd like.:)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I just reread my answer here LOL...i'm guessing you still live at home? so I guess what I should have said was, maybe your mom can help you out with the baby and his mom can help with the baby too some days. sorry about that. My brain is fried.(see, what twins do?? they suck your brain cells right outta ya?! LOL)

Anyway, if you have any questions as i said please message me, it's really not as bad as it sounds, and twins are so much fun. As long as your boyfriend helps out too, you should be okay.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• www.cradle.org

Good luck to all of you.

Anonymous

• Daaang.... you need to speak with a counselor, someone who can help counsel young mothers. Twins and only 17...you're going to need one hell of a support system! Contact the hospital to see if they have someone who can meet with you, planned parenthood, or some other county program. You will need guidance/support regarding finances, school, food, overall care for the babies.
    Anonymous

• I feel for you at 17 I had only one child and that was hard enough. I hope you have a good support group. I know continuing schoolis first and formost and trying to make a good career choice by going to college so you can support your babies. There is also the opition of putting the babies up for adoption it is the most loving thing a mother can do for her child if she is not in a position to care for the child you would be alowed to pick the family and if it is an open adoption you can see pictures and get information on the baby as it grows up. But no matter what you decide to do just remember to always love those babies more than anyone and even more than yourself they are first and foremost no matter what. Good luck in your future no matter what you decide may God be with you every step of the way
    X-mansmommy870

Answer by X-mansmommy870 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I was 16 when I had my daughter and am now 18 and having another baby. I understand completely when it comes to the stresses you are talking about. For me I always knew I wanted to be a mother, so there was no question about keeping the baby. My boyfriend was as supportive as a 16 year old male could be. I had to give up a lot and you don't think it will bother you, but it gets to you sometimes. The one thing that always held me through was knowing that I was going through this so that my little girl wouldn't have to. The only person who knows if you are doing the right thing is going to be you. Only you can know what you want deep down inside, but you also need to be realistic about things. If you have a great support system and can finish school then do it, if you don't and need to take sometime to raise your children then do it. Just make sure that what you are doing is the right thing for you.
    lilliebabe

Answer by lilliebabe at 10:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2010