How to find a church...

Okay i know this sounds silly, but honestly i didnt grow up in church..i went a few times as a child...and my ex tried to get me to go with him every now and then..but SO and i would like to find a church we fit into and like. Both of us believe in God...(hes got some interesting questions about his existence though)...but i dont know where to start...How do i find a church that would be accepting of a young unmarried mixed couple??...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• oh sigh i know what you mean. i have been searching for years literally. i finally understand that deep in me I am looking for the church and personality of the congregation of what I grew up in and their practices. Understanding that I've intermixed what's most important for me since then. Finally I'm in church for my needs now that my kids are older. It feels great.

I looked at churches by reading deep deep into their websites plus their religions actual homepage. I found that in my religion many many churches preach good in all and specific way but do not practice it.

Socialization in church to me weeknights and weekdays services are all important to me personally more than Sunday services. Just sit down sometime and make a list in a little note book over what's important to you in prayer, service times, and weekdays in a church. then add what your beliefs of homosexuality are and also 4u race. pm me if u want to.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I think the best bet would be to find a church that sounds good and just go. Experiment with the local branches around you and see which one makes you feel more at home and at ease.

Bring out that yellow pages LOL, look them up online if they have websites and go for it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Agree with Amaranth.
    Anonymous

• try researching different faiths and see which one you like best.
    Anonymous

• Figure out what it is that you believe. Then when you have that you can start meeting with the different pastors to feel out what faith might fit that. From there you start going to the different churches of that faith and find the group you fit best with.

Just one option. Good luck to you. I know I would sit by you at church. I don't care if you are married or not or what your race is. I would hope that other Christians would be the same.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• How do you know which religion is right for you?
    1. What are the teachings based on?
    2. Consider wheather it is making known the name of God.
    3. Is true faith in Jesus Christ being demonstrated?
    4. Is it largely ritualistic, a formality, or is it a way of life?
    5. Do its members truly love one another?
    6. Is it truly separate from the world?
    7. Are members active witnesses concerning Gods Kingdom?

"If you checked yes to 1 or more of the above.....lol JK" Just trying to help ya out. GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2010