Orlando Florida, must do's with a child. need advice

OK, we want to take our 12 year old to Orlando Florida, but not so much Disney World. We are thinking more like Universal Studios, Animal Kindom, Sea World. What do you think are the best attraction, show, ride, or whatever when it comes to Orlando or either of these parks.

I do not know anything about Orlando lol, and I am from Florida..
Thank you

also is islands of adventure in Universal studios? see I know nothing about Orlando lol

4thLuvofChildrn

Asked by 4thLuvofChildrn at 3:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• The Universal studieo parks include, universal, islands of adventure and sea world. Disney parks are Magic kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood studio, epcot and I forget what else. Universal and Disney are about the same price. I loved Universal Studios and if you like rollercoasters, then Island of Adventures is good.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 4:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Personally I like Sea World the best.  a 12 year old might like Universal because they have tons of roller coasters. But I don't really like the parks in general. Way to expensive and crowded.

What about the beach?  Gatorland is a fun day too.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 4:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Universal is slightly less than Disney; but for the most part staceynoel is correct.

Universal is Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure; yes park in the same place; two different entrances.
    SeaWorld is actually part of the Anheisur-Bush Family; Bush Gardens/Sea World/Adventure Island; Sea World being the only one of those in Orlando; but it's an excellent park.
    Disney is Magic Kingdom/MGM/Aminal Kingdom/Epcot/Blizzard Beach/Downtown Disney etc; huge basically

There is a place called "Old Town" in Kississimme; lots of fun ( http://www.old-town.com )

There's those dinner theater/horse riding show places.

Depending on time of year Wet n Wild is a 'cheaper' water park; lots of rides & such just not owned by the mouse; lol

Depending on how much you have to spend Discovery Cove is attached to Sea World you pay one (high) price; but it's an all day incl food adventure w/ dolphin swimming

Sure I could
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• it cut off the end! *Sure I could think of more; but since I had to repost anyway

Inland manatees.
    People often forget that Florida is more than just one big theme park and the host to spring brake excess. It is also home to many natural wonders. Blue Spring State Park is tucked in between Orlando and Daytona Beach. Although it is an inland park, they have 153 manatees this season, more than ever before.

Gatorland
    http://www.gatorland.com/

WonderWorks
    http://www.wonderworksonline.com

And of course Daytona and all the fun it has to offer are just an hour + drive down I4 depending on where you're staying. Once there just crusie the main strip you'll find whatever you might like. There's a boardwalk with rides and shops; good food; fun beach; etc...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Do I have to pay for each place? like Universal and than pay for Islands of Advrentures? or is it pay for one get all? lol..
    Thank you again
    4thLuvofChildrn

Answer by 4thLuvofChildrn at 11:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Universal & Islands of Adventure are two seperate tickets - but they have pkgs looks like $75 for two parks & two days etc...
    FL resident ticket prices:
    http://www.universalorlando.com/Tickets/Florida_Residents/floridaresidents.aspx

Same @ Disney; each park is it's own ticket...I want to say it's like $77 or more for there; check their site.

Old Town is free to walk into and thru; you just pay for each item like a fair; if you want to ride bumper cars you buy tickets; if you want to play laser tag you buy tickets; if you want to ride the bungee thing you pay them etc...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2010