Need info/oppinions on Anyone from,Helena,Montana

We are wanting to make a move,keep our kids in a Catholic school. We enjoy all things nature. What is life w/kids like in Helena,Montana.
Thanks in advance:)

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 4:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Never been there but just wanted to say you made me miss my sister more LOL

Her name is Helene'

you should try this site though

http://www.city-data.com/forum/

Make an account and you can ask anything about any city in the country.

Just make sure you post it in the right forum LOL

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• its a smaller city and the capital of montana (but not the biggest city). I've never lived there personally, been many times and know a few ppl who do live there. They all said it was nice, quiet. There is also a catholic college there as well.

It isn't very big, so there is not much to do besides nature.

PS i live in missoula, mt.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I grew up near Billings and moved to Helena in my teens and love it here!There isn't a ton to do, but your close to a lake (just a few miles), Mount Helena is right there for hiking (they also have those geo-search things you use a gps for). Skiing is right around the corner.Lots of nature related things like that.

There is also the carousel and the Walking Mall (in the Great Northern Town Center). The actual 'mall' is pathetic. They just built a waterpark in Memorial Park (I haven't been yet). There also is a place called GamePods for older kids where they can play video games (from what I've heard, it's a pretty awesome place). During the summer there is Alive @ 5, which is held on Wednesdays at different parks each week that has a live local band and games.
    There is a Catholic school (isn't very big, but it's by Helena High) and there of course is Carroll College (which has a really good football team!).
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 6:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Basically, it's a medium sized town for Montana. You can know shop owners by first name, yet go to Wal-Mart and may not see anyone you know. It's an all around good place to raise kids. People here are a lot different than even Billings and Missoula... they seem to be more on the 'small town' type, as in friendlier.

If you have any more questions, feel free to send me a message =)
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 6:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2010