It's the New Year right? What's your wish for anything to better our world.

I don't have family in the military but I do have neighbors son in war. I wish as unrealistic as it is for our military to come home and use their strength in our own waters and airways and land.

I just asking for what you wish, it doesn't have to have a big or small chance to become real. And your wish to better our world can be to even just better yourself or a child, reconcile with someone. I'm asking about anything that would make the world you are in, better. If it's respectful, then it helps the world.

I'm posting this under relationships because relationships are our world whether we want better stores and nice sales people or better healthcare personnel to take care of us or for a better time of fun with someone. Relationships are all around us.

lfl

Asked by lfl at 4:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• i want to volunteer more. i used to do it before, but i stopped, got selfish and now with having a 4 year old son, its hard. i dont have anyone to watch him when i volunteer and he's too young to do it himself. i might just do small volunteers around the neighborhood- like watch kids if the the mom needs help, or is kinda in my situation- cant get a job cuz no one is watching her kid for free, practically. something small vsing what could happen in the world, but it'd be big enough to hopefully make at least ONE persons life just a little bit better.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 4:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• hey Shy_Dia, I'm op. When my oldest kids were real little I wanted to go volunteer in nursing homes. But realizing that they were getting frequent typical childhood illnesses plus nursing home residents could be ill frequently, I didn't do that. i did babysitting back then too. One family I worked with we agree on a price that was helpful to me for just a little bit of pocket money.

Then another family needed help but could not afford even what the first family was paying which was very very little. I decided who ever I worked with had very likely different personal circumstances that need compassion. Just as I would have been compassionate to the first family if they said their pay at to be less I felt I had to honor the second family and help them at less cost. Both family's were helped and I learned even more about compassion than I thought I knew.

You're a nice mommy Shy_Dia. Your son's lucky to have you.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I wish I could win the lottery so that I could start my own charity like I have wanted to for years. Nothing makes me happier than helping people and making their lives better/easier. Because of this I work in a nursing home (I'm an STNA) and I also hope to bring my son into the nursing home more often because I know they all love seeing my lil man (there are no more sicknesses at a nursing home than if you were to send them to school). I also wish to get A's in school this semester and that it's not soo time consuming with studying so that i can spend more time with my boy.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• wow I'm surprised even tho i'm the op that this question has answers of volunteering. It is so nice to see that. hi worriedmommy600 what kind of charity have you dreamed of starting up? What a great idea!!!! Congratulations on all you are doing - another good mommy - so many in CM!!!! Love this site. Thank you for brightening my day!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2010